Come Join Us
Come work in an exciting environment in which you’ll use your passion, experience, and strong analytical skills to help bring new technologies to public safety and leave a positive impact on the world. We cultivate an environment that favors agility, initiative, and creative thinking. Our mission is to protect life, making the world a safer place through smart devices and software services. We genuinely love what we do and are looking for others who share this passion.
Our team is solving some of the hardest cloud challenges today. Every day we manage petabytes of video from hundreds of thousands of police officers around the world, and help the public with creative solutions from the courtroom to public disclosure.
Come work in an exciting environment in which you use your passion, experience, and strong analytical skills to help bring new technologies to public safety and leave a positive impact on the world.
Are you a natural leader who will own design and implementation of reliable systems which scale to multiple petabytes of information every month? Do you have a passion for graph databases, computer vision, machine learning, high-performance service design, or native programming?
You will have the opportunity to lead an engineering team working on Axon's core video distribution and processing platform. Key projects include:
- Increase community transparency and save agencies time and money through our Redaction platform
- Innovate our GPU-accelerated real-time transcoding and playback systems
- Deliver a cross-platform technology stack used to process video on our mobile, embedded, and cloud services
- Own the direction of our playback experience including WebRTC, adaptive streaming and DVR experiences in the field and cloud
- Build a video pipeline that drives video through our AI and Machine Learning platforms
These systems are the backbone of our evidence management platform - enabling customers, partners, attorneys, and courts to better manage a growing volume of digital evidence.
Your responsibilities will include driving engineering architecture and direction, participating in design and code reviews, roadmap planning, and managing and growing engineers.
Our teams work in a highly agile environment - with efficient processes and technology. Our squad model gives engineering teams full autonomy to solve business problems. We often deliver software improvements worldwide every day.
- 7+ years professional software development experience
- 3+ years as a people manager or technical lead.
- Experience designing and delivering high-availability, scalable cloud software
- Proven ability for coaching and mentoring.
- Basic understanding of distributed systems concepts
- Customer focus: Axon's customers expect and deserve the best
- You follow the latest in software engineering and open source technologies.
- Back-end service experience in managed languages such as Java, Scala, Go, C#, or similar. (Backend stack is in Go)
- Experience with video playback technologies, native code, GPU programming, or distributed build systems such as Bazel
Compensation and Benefits
- Company paid life insurance
- Equity (RSUs)
- Quarterly bonus
- Supportive parental leave policy
- Unlimited paid-time-off
- 401K with employer match
- Commuter options
- Full pantry
- One of Seattle Business Magazine’s best companies to work for in 2017 and winner of Geekwire’s 2016 Geekiest Office Space
- Opportunities to ride along with real US police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, and get inspired.
- And much more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.