Engineering Development Program: Electrical Engineering (2019)
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. In the next 10 years, we’ll triple the amount of time officers can spend serving their communities. In the next 20, we’ll eliminate paperwork in policing so that officers can focus on what matters. And in the next 50 years, we’ll make the bullet obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Axon at its core is an engineering company that has a start-up feel to it. We're changing the way law enforcement uses technology today. Our success depends on continually developing and improving our technologies and products. You will build new and better products that will keep both our law enforcement officers and citizens safe! That's where you come in, the team is looking for top-notch engineers to design and implement new features. You will take on new challenges and be on the forefront of building amazing products.
The Engineering Development Program: Electrical Engineering (2-year rotational commitment) is designed to train and develop new engineers quickly so that engineers can do what they do best-build things! You'll have the opportunity to cross-train in a variety of hardware/software tools and products. You'll aim a little higher and reach a little further. Your goals in life include more than just landing a great paying job. You do more because it matters.
At Axon we believe it's critical that engineers have a breadth of understanding of the entire engineering process from initial conception to product launch. Our EDP Associates gain exposure in the following departments: R&D, Manufacturing/Operations, Quality Assurance, and related-departments before settling into their final role.
Our Development Program is AWESOMELY AXON!!
Program Mission: To provide a platform focused on developing and rounding out the skills of emerging talent to join the Fall, 2019 Cohort (anticipated start date; early-mid September)
Program Strategy: 2-years through 3-4 (6 month) rotations capitalizing on strengths, interest, and business needs; while also stretching to learn new areas of the business. Individuals will have a focus on working cross-functionally and advancing Axon holistically.
Program Outcome: Leverage the teachings from previous rotations to identify one's passion and strengths to transition out of the program into a full-time, non-rotational position.
Program Perks: Cohort Comradery, Exposure and Support from Senior Leadership, Mentorship, Early Career Personal and Professional Development, Lunch & Learns, Community Service Activities, Networking, Serve as an AXON University Program Ambassador, State-of-the-Art INNOVATION stations (aka our offices ROCK!!), Special Speaking Engagements, Diversity and Inclusion Affinity Groups
#BeObsessed #AimFar #WinRight #OwnIt #JoinForces #ExpectCandor #BeScrappy
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Electrical or like-Engineering Degree obtained within the last 2-years (or verified as obtained in advance of the program start date)
- Applicable internship, co-op, research, or project experience in design or manufacturing engineering
- Experience with AudoCAD (or similar) EE platform
- Experience with solid modeling and soldering
- Familiarity with embedded software; preferably (C/C++)
- GPA greater than or equal to 3.0/4.0
- Demonstrated leadership experience through on-campus and/or community involvement
- Self-starter who thrives with problem-solving and embraces ambiguity
- Enthusiasm and commitment to AXON's Mission, Core Values, and Program Mission
- Willingness to join forces and drive company-wide initiatives across multiple departments
Project Rotational Disciplines
- Product Development - CEWs, Body Worn Cameras, Fleet Cameras, Accessories, Continuous Engineering, Project Management
- Develop familiarity with the design process and demonstrate the rigor necessary to make sure everything meets requirements before moving forward to production. Deep analysis and attention to detail are the critical skills to be developed, along with full use of our computer-aided design tools and an understanding of design failure mode effect analysis and design for manufacturing.
- Fixtures & Testing - Systems, Manufacturing, Validation, Quality
- Understand how our products are expected to perform and make sure that they do. Gain deep insight into design for test and design for manufacturing. Influence how they are made and make sure they meet specifications before they get into our customer's hands.
- Research - Ballistics, Performance, Materials, Optics
- Learn how to get deep and how to become an expert in a key area of technology for the company. Understand key trade-offs of potential technology decisions. Help develop fundamental tests to evaluate the performance of different technologies.
Compensation and Benefits
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
- Bonus plan, Stock options, 401K
- Supportive parental leave policy
- Discretionary paid-time-off
- Opportunities to ride along with real US police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, and get inspired
What are YOU waiting for!?!? :)
We look forward to your application and encourage you to share with your network!! Be Sure to Follow Us on LinkedIN!!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top