Embedded Software Engineer
Your Day to Day
- Firmware design and development for our next gen Axon camera platform and automatic activation platforms.
- Work with distributed firmware teams and SaaS engineering teams to guide software development.
- Collaborate with hardware team and vendors to optimize power consumption, image & audio quality, and other key metrics.
- Communicate with quality & validation teams to verify the end-to-end customer experience is exceeding expectations using automated testing and telemetry analysis.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 6+ years industry experience developing embedded applications.
- Expert embedded C programmer with additional ability in Python. Familiarity with Go programming is a positive.
- Extensive background in embedded Linux. Any other Real Time Operating Systems is a positive.
- Some exposure to Qualcomm SoC and bare metal development preferred.
- Familiar in the following areas of firmware development: video, audio, power management, peripherals management, encryption, wireless communication (WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC).
- Understanding of: kernel development, Android porting, threads, inter-process communications, and profiling.
- Emphasis on self-diagnostic code via robust fault detection, reporting, and recovery.
- Documentation of design/interface specifications and architecture.
- Responsibility for unit and system testing.
- Basic ability to read schematics and understand electronic circuitry.
Compensation and Benefits
- Bonus plan
- Stock options
- Supportive parental leave policy
- Unlimited paid-time-off
- Stocked kitchen
- Opportunities to ride along with real US police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, and get inspired.
- And much more...
Meet Some of Axon's Employees
Vice President, Software Engineering
From building a top-talent team to creating cutting-edge technologies, Bryan and his co-workers are responsible for supporting Axon’s engineering efforts and experiences.
Back to top