Director/VP of IT Program Management Office
Your Day to Day
- Runs a portfolio of project services (project analysis, project execution, project delivery) for the enterprise (not just related to IT)
- Leads, coaches, and develops team resources; drives increasing maturity and capability of the function
- Ensures that investments and initiatives in program management services are aligned with business strategy and priorities
- Collaborates with CIO, CFO, business unit leaders, and service managers to develop and run project budgeting and cost estimation approaches, resource allocation, and reallocations
- Defines and executes processes to prioritize programs and projects based on changing functional needs, resource capacity constraints, risk exposure, and interdependencies
- Monitors value metrics to make informed decisions that maximize returns across enterprise programs
- Monitors and communicates portfolio health and the delivery of business objectives and client experience via portfolio management processes
- Increases the likelihood of benefits delivery via metrics including sponsor engagement
- Establishes early-warning mechanisms for project risk
- Define and collect budget and schedule performance metrics throughout the portfolio
- Ensures adoption and implementation of successful methodologies and leads program management coaching and mentorship
- Manages organizational change; engages with multi-functional business leaders to objectively analyze the organization’s ability to absorb change and adopt program post-deployment;
- Communicates status of the project portfolio to all key partners in business units
- Defines principles and standards to harmonize project management methodologies from third party or external service providers
- Establishes IT scorecard to communicate IT performance
- Establish and run a clear IT budgeting process for increased efficiency
- Hands-on experience in project/portfolio resource planning, reporting, prioritization, and budgeting
- Experience leading projects and programs within and outside IT, as well as projects and programs that involved external providers
- 12+ years of increasingly responsible project and program management experience in a rapid-growth, global enterprise
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, business, or a related discipline
- Experience leading the management of large-scale information technology projects and process improvement projects, including complex multi-functional and cross-organizational projects.
- Sound understanding and appreciation for all major functional areas of IT.
- Track record of attracting and developing a strong and complementary team.
- High-energy teammate with a positive attitude.
- Experience managing and planning a complex multi-million dollar operating budget.
- Able to lead, matrix-manage, and motivate teams of people over geographically diverse locations.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate with all levels of personnel.
- Excellent analytical, planning, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Good social and communication skills with the ability to work effectively with all organizational levels
- Develops and builds a shared working relationship with various partners
- Willing to challenge customers to better understand their needs
- Ability to challenge the various partners involved in a project
- Leader in IT financial management and organizational change
- Competent in project management, IT governance formulation, and team management
- Working knowledge of IT risk management, IT standards and policies formulation
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Unlimited paid time off
- A supportive parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...
Meet Some of Axon's Employees
Vice President, Software Engineering
From building a top-talent team to creating cutting-edge technologies, Bryan and his co-workers are responsible for supporting Axon’s engineering efforts and experiences.
Back to top