Director/VP of IT Operations & Infrastructure
Your Day to Day
- Manage strategic direction and coordinate resources, equipment, vendors, and consultants, etc. for operational support of business solutions
- Provide leadership, mentorship, and oversight to ensure that investment and projects are prioritized and maximize business value
- Create and implement both short and long-term systems strategies to support growth (i.e.,3-year strategy, 1-year operating plan and 90-day rolling plan)
- Establish relevant metrics and service level agreements to continually improve performance and overall value to the company
- Ensure high availability of Axon’s Corporate IT systems
- Direct IT infrastructure project management activities around new facility and infrastructure projects
- Manage all internal, co-located, and cloud data centers
- Collaborate closely in areas such as business continuity planning, loss and fraud protection, privacy, and all information technology areas
- Work with Axon security, privacy specialists, IT resource providers, data owners, and third parties, to plan and implement practice and programs to uphold the security principles of confidentiality, integrity, and availability of Axon electronic resources
- Collaborate with Information Security, business groups, and legal teams to develop and maintain an effective information security roadmap
- Establish harmonious working relationships with business partners to consultatively influence outcomes.
- Prepare, monitor, and control annual department budget.
- Identify areas for improvement, develop improvement program, and monitor implementation to increase effectiveness & efficiency.
- Keep up-to-date on new technology, standards, protocols and tools in areas relevant to the organization and the rapidly changing environment.
- 10 to 15 or more years of experience in technology leadership in a global enterprise, including 6 to 10 years of IT management experience
- Strong global network experience with Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Juniper, etc.
- Strong cloud adoption and migration experience with either AWS or Azure.
- Strong systems experience with platforms like Microsoft, Apple, VMware, Office365, AX
- Strong data/storage experience with platforms like Nimble, Amazon S3, Azure Storage
- Strong ITIL experience with processes like Change management, Escalation Management, Problem Management
- Leadership experience running large-scale information technology projects, including complex multi-functional and cross-organizational projects.
- High-energy teammate with a positive attitude
- Experience attracting and mentoring a strong and complementary team.
- Experience managing and planning a complex multi-million dollar operating budget.
- Experience leading a complex technology staff and external resource management and planning.
- Experience recommending new technology and processes that will improve customer service, reduce costs and help take us to the next level.
- Leadership experience motivating large teams of people across multiple geographies.
- Excellent analytical, planning, organizational and problem-solving skills. Able to utilize critical thinking to analyze problems which may require multiple factors and approaches
- Solid grasp of information security laws (ISO 27002, SOX), and accepted best practices
- Working experience with current security appliances, tools, and applications, including firewalls, IPS, and IDS
- Solid strategic mindset—both short-term and long-range—including past creation and development of strategy to leaders
- Consistent track record of agility in responding to the high impact client, legal, and regulatory requirements of the company
- Recommend and gain agreement to numerous information security policies and solutions.
- Demonstrated skills in various technology platforms, applications, and tools.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in a data center's electrical and mechanical functions
- Superb communication & collaboration skills and the ability to coordinate efforts across departments
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Unlimited paid time off
- A supportive parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...
Meet Some of Axon's Employees
Vice President, Software Engineering
From building a top-talent team to creating cutting-edge technologies, Bryan and his co-workers are responsible for supporting Axon’s engineering efforts and experiences.
Back to top