Director of Technical Program Management - Vietnam
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. In the next 10 years, we’ll triple the amount of time officers can spend serving their communities. In the next 20, we’ll eliminate paperwork in policing so that officers can focus on what matters. And in the next 50 years, we’ll make the bullet obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Our Axon Vietnam team in Ho Chi Minh City is growing at a rapid pace. Our research and engineering teams are building new capabilities that will reduce paperwork, increase transparency with the public, evaluate organizational performance, and give officers access to quick insights even before they leave their patrol car.
We are looking for technical leaders that are passionate about working on tough problems, understanding our users, and crafting an industry leading technology platform for public safety.
You will be responsible for coordinating global resources to drive new technologies into Axon's product line. As the leader of all Program Management for our Vietnam office, you will build and develop a team with a wide breadth of responsibilities, from Cloud Services, Connected Devices and IOT, Engineering Process, and Data Science. You will coordinate with your peers in our US and Finland engineering teams to ensure timely product delivery, and work on challenging problem spaces. You will play a key role in partitioning engineering challenges across a global organization and defining and executing on a global engineering strategy.
We are building software products from the ground up. Therefore, you will need to be able to coordinate a team of software developers, electrical and mechanical engineers, researchers, and data scientists to achieve a common goal. You will be an excellent communicator with the ability to work with senior management and product management to collect requirements and business strategy, and turn this information into detailed technical designs and an overall product strategy.
- You have a track record of building and running highly complex technical product including cloud services, distributed systems, or embedded devices
- You have strong management skills, and have built a team with international credentials.
- You have made tough technical decisions based on requirements, trade-offs, and user experience.
- You can build a product vision, communicate it to a cross-functional team, and adapt it on the fly via direct engagement with customers and users in the field.
- You can write detailed functional specifications, translate business requirements into technical direction, and communicate effectively with an engineering team.
- You know how to make trade-offs between qualitative, quantitative, and absent data.
- You are comfortable with tons of autonomy.
- You're OK with travelling domestically and overseas to meet with partners (about 15% travel).
- 5+ years of industry experience, exceptional command of English and Vietnamese.
- Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
Compensations and Benefits
- An awesome office/working environment with the latest technologies and work with top engineers in the world
- Competitive salary and benefits including a great medical insurance plan for you and your family
- Free lunch, gym, phone stipend, parking
- Fun team activities and outings
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunities for training in the US
- Opportunities to ride along with real US police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, and get inspired
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top