Director of Strategic Events
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. In the next 10 years, we’ll triple the amount of time officers can spend serving their communities. In the next 20, we’ll eliminate paperwork in policing so that officers can focus on what matters. And in the next 50 years, we’ll make the bullet obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Axon Accelerate, now in its fourth year, is the largest technology conference for public safety. This event brings together the best and brightest in public safety and beyond from around the world to explore the challenges public safety officials face every day. Accelerate is a symposium of thought-leadership blended with hands-on training and a place to find out what’s on the horizon for law enforcement. Since the inaugural event in 2016, Accelerate has more than quadrupled in size. And it's still growing. We are looking for a strong leader who can help take this global conference to the next level.
We’re looking for a highly motivated, creative and experienced Strategic Events Director to partner with the events and marketing team on the strategy, development and marketing of Axon's Accelerate conference. You have exceptional go-to market execution, communication and project management skills.
Your Day to Day
- Define and own event goals, strategy and key outcomes for the Axon Accelerate Conference
- Develop and drive execution of an integrated event marketing plan that communicates the benefits of Accelerate as a conference focused on thought leadership and hands-on learning, but also drives competitive advantage and meets business goals
- Develop marketing messaging, segmentation, and channel strategies for B2B/B2G audiences
- Have the capacity to identify and target current and emerging audiences
- Effectively manage complex projects across multiple product teams within Axon to achieve business goals
- Create and launch interruptive marketing campaigns that drive traffic and engagement
- Respond well to feedback and identify opportunities for improvement and innovation
- Track and measure marketing program effectiveness
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field
- 8+ years of demonstrated successful experience leading innovative events, large conferences, project management, and conference production
- Demonstrated ability to foster and maintain a culture of collaboration, effectiveness, efficiency and growth within the team
- Proven ability to collaborate with various Marketing functions and cross-functional teams including Demand Gen, Product Marketing, Events, PR and Sales
- Track record of success and accountability in building pipeline for Sales that lead to closed-won business
- Must be metrics driven and a strong analytic thinker
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Pardot and Salesforce.com
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary, 401K with employer match, and equity
- Discretionary paid time off
- A supportive parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top