Come Join Us
Come work in an exciting environment in which you’ll use your passion, experience, and strong analytical skills to help bring new technologies to public safety and leave a positive impact on the world. We cultivate an environment that favors agility, initiative, and creative thinking. Our mission is to protect life, making the world a safer place through smart devices and software services. We genuinely love what we do and are looking for others who share this passion.
Our team is solving some of the hardest cloud challenges today. Every day we manage petabytes of video from hundreds of thousands of police officers around the world, and help the public with creative solutions from the courtroom to public disclosure. Come work in an exciting environment in which you use your passion, experience, and strong analytical skills to help bring new technologies to public safety and leave a positive impact on the world.
Are you a natural leader who will own design and implementation of high quality systems which scale to multiple petabytes of information every month?
Do you have a passion for graph databases, computer vision, machine learning, high-performance service design, or computer security and cryptography?
You will have the opportunity to lead several engineering teams working on innovating Axon's core technology platform, including security and distributed authorization systems, multi-petabyte evidence ingestion, and metadata storage and graph databases. These systems are the backbone of our evidence management platform - enabling customers, partners, attorneys, and courts to better manage a growing volume of digital evidence.
Your responsibilities will include driving engineering architecture and direction, participating in design and code reviews, roadmap planning, and managing and growing engineers. Our teams work in a highly agile environment - with efficient processes and technology. Our squad model gives engineering teams full autonomy to solve business problems. We often deliver software improvements worldwide every day.
- 7+ years professional software development experience
- 3+ years as a people manager or technical lead.
- Experience designing and delivering high-availability, scalable cloud software
- Proven ability for coaching and mentoring.
- Customer focus: Axon's customers expect and deserve the best
- You follow the latest in software engineering and open source technologies.
- Back-end service experience in managed languages such as Java, Scala, Go, C#, or similar.
- Understanding of cloud technologies in use today, such as: Apache Kafka, MySQL Clusters, Kubernetes, Spark Framework, etc...
Compensation and Benefits
- Bonus plan
- Stock options
- Supportive parental leave policy
- Unlimited paid-time-off
- Commuter options
- Stocked kitchen
- Awarded 14th best place to work in the state of Washington and the geekiest office space in Seattle
- Opportunities to ride along with real US police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, and get inspired.
- And much more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.