Come Join Us
Come work in an exciting environment in which you’ll use your passion, experience, and strong analytical skills to help bring new technologies to public safety and leave a positive impact on the world. We cultivate an environment that favors agility, initiative, and creative thinking. Our mission is to protect life, making the world a safer place through smart devices and software services. We genuinely love what we do and are looking for others who share this passion.
We're an internal startup taking on a major challenge in law enforcement technology. We need sharp minds who bring a combination of the best of ground breaking university knowledge and a real passion for technology that impacts society. We're working on a truly rare problem- how to bring the best in technology to officers. We want them to get from behind their computers and onto the streets doing what they do best, protecting the innocent and prosecuting the guilty!
As a Business Development intern you'll be exposed to many areas of Axon's business that you won't receive at other corporations. You'll learn how to lead acquisitions of other companies, engage in strategic alliances and partnerships that bring significant additional value to our customers. You'll tap into how the company supports the scaling of the business into international markets. You'll work with the product team on roadmap development, portfolio optimization, product strategy support, product pricing, and leading the development the Company's long-term corporate strategy. Whatever your goals are, you'll have the freedom to work on projects you're passionate about, and the support of people who will challenge you in new ways.
We love having fun, like trawling the local Google and Tableau offices, and building exciting things, but we're serious about the impact we have. We recognize the hard work and responsibility of all Axon employees, and try to give back by focusing on employee happiness and generous benefits! The internship is built around exciting projects, career development, and a fantastic time. What we've got to offer is a great summer experience delivering against one of the biggest challenges of our modern society. You in?
- Enrolled in a bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university with a major in Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or Product Management (or a related field)
- Proficiency in all the Microsoft Office basic tools or equivalent (Word, Excel, PPT)
- Leadership experience in student organizations or professional societies
- Strong independent thinker with top-notch levels of pro-activeness, ownership mentality, self-motivation, ambition, and entrepreneurial spirit
- Grit and ability to overcome obstacles
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong analytical capabilities and analytical skills
- GPA greater than or equal to 3.0/4.0 (Strong academic performance)
- Working with product, engineering, and deployments teams to define company partnership needs
- Researching market and industry needs
- Identifying best partner/acquisition options, and providing recommendations for implementation
- Performing market & sector scans for specific partnerships or product support
- Analyzing user and financial data to provide relevant business and strategy recommendations
- Conducting user research testing current and anticipated product UI/UX capabilities
- Researching current customer challenges, identifying options to resolve, and providing a recommendation to implement
- Developing go-to-market plans, conducting competitive analyses, analyzing market and sales data to improve product positioning
- Quantitative modeling, process and program management, partner engagement, effective communications, and group leadership
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Provided with furnished apartments (out of state intern's only)
- Provided with transportation stipend (out of state intern's only)
- An award-winning office/working environment
- And more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.