Backend Software Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
In Digital Evidence Management System team (DEMS), we are solving some of the hardest cloud challenges today. We manage tens of petabytes of video from hundreds of thousands of officers around the world. Our solutions enhance the value of this evidence for law enforcement, the courts, and the public. If you are looking to join large-scale projects and collaboratively contribute to the technical direction of a team, this role is for you.
We believe that happy teams take good care of their customers, so we foster a friendly, open, introspective team culture that encourages everyone to speak their mind and deliberately avoids red tape, unnecessary rituals, politics, and jerks.
You are a Backend Software Engineer with deep interest in backend technologies. You are excited about the care, feeding and growth of a high-availability, scalable cloud-based systems.
Come work in an exciting environment where you use your passion, experience, and analytical skills to help bring new solutions to public safety and leave a positive impact on the world.
- 0-2 years of experience in software engineering
- Fluent in managed languages such as Java, Scala, Go, C#, or similar
- Familiar with database, especially SQL and Cassandra
- You enjoy team work and love building complex systems
- You write beautiful, simple, maintainable APIs for web applications
- You are passionate about quality design, code, tools and architectures
Compensation and Benefits
- Award-winning office and working environment with the newest technology
- Competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package
- Discretionary PTO
- Fun team activities and outings
- Flexible working hours
- Options for training in the US
- Opportunities to ride along with local law enforcement
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top