Axon Support Engineer, Software Engineering
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
The successful candidate will be tasked with implementing software to build integrations between Axon and 3rd party systems. We are looking for a thorough and dedicated individual who will fit with our collaborative culture to not only manage integration projects but will also develop processes for a scalable system to build and deliver these integration projects.
- You will be a forward thinker whose focus is on executing in the present while always being mindful of the future.
- You will be a tenacious problem-solver, not afraid to touch legacy code and fix bugs as well as produce novel solutions to new challenges that don’t have an obvious answer.
- You are a wise coder who can move up and down the ladder of abstraction, sometimes sweating the details of a single line of code, as well as being able to contemplate how to change the world creating something new.
- You will be a customer advocate who places the needs of the customer first and takes the time to ensure the solution is done right the first time.
- 5+ years professional software development experience including the delivery of high-availability, scalable cloud software
- Experience with .Net Core, C#, SQL, NuGet, Git, and Azure DevOps
- Strong communication skills
- Strong software design skills including experiences with SOLID programming and dependency injection
- Familiarity with Unix and Linux platforms including working with shells and command line tools
- Experience working with large data sets and developing reusable ETL pipelines
- Professional work experience in web services and APIs
- Able to commute and work in Broward County, FL at the Broward County Sheriff’s Office reporting to the Technology Department
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top