Senior Front-End Developer
Quick Take: Axios is a new digital media company that gets your smarter, faster with the news that matters.
Why it Matters: Our Front-End Developers are a critical part of our mission to deliver the cleanest, smartest, most efficient and trustworthy content to our users. You will architect and grow our existing front-end code bases, give technical input and feedback to Axios’ product and design teams for new features, and help develop the skills of less experienced developers with industry best practices around testing, accessibility, and documentation.
Go Deeper: In this role, you will make an impact to Axios through the following responsibilities:
- Help architect and grow Axios’ existing frontend codebases including Axios.com and Eden, our in-house CMS.
- Write clean, well-documented, and well tested code using best practices for frontend development.
- Collaborate with Axios’ platform, product, and design teams to ensure we ship the best products possible on time.
- Mentor less experienced members of the team through pair-programming and empathetic code review.
- Keep up to date with industry trends and advise the team on best practices to implement.
The Details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for Axios’ mission and have the following skills:
- Experience building large, high traffic frontend codebases in React
- Proven ability to ship high quality, testable, and accessible code quickly
- Experience working with product designers is preferred
- Experience working with back-end teams to integrate APIs is preferred
- Experience working on site page performance and accessibility is preferred
- Experience with SEO is preferred
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend
Back to top