Quick Take: Axios is a growth-stage startup dedicated to providing trustworthy content in an audience-first format. This year, we celebrated a major milestone, launching a SaaS product for corporate communications called Axios HQ. In our first year we’ve already passed $1M in ARR and welcomed over 150 customers to the platform. We're hiring a Product Manager to help us build new digital products.
Why it Matters: As a product manager, you’ll obsess over our users’ experience, discover and prioritize opportunities, and lead an agile team in delivering value to customers.
Go Deeper: Product managers will use agile practices to learn, test, and ship novel solutions to our customers. They partner closely with designers and engineers to ensure successful feature implementation. Product managers work directly with stakeholders and customers to develop and validate product functionality.
The Details: Ideal candidates will embody a collaborative and entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for Axios’ mission, and have the following skills and experience:
- 2+ years of product management professional experience
- Commitment to quality: pride in delivering unmatched products with measurable value
- Strong product intuition and strategic thinking
- Ability to run efficient meetings, facilitate discussion and present to senior leadership
- Experience working closely with designers and engineers
- Familiarity with product analytics and reporting systems
- User-centric mindset with a track record of shipping products that solve real problems and delight users
- Experience working on a B2B product preferred
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend
Additional pandemic-related benefits:
- One mental health day per quarter
- $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
- Tele-mental health services
- OneMedical membership, including tele-health services
- Increased work flexibility for parents and caretakers
- Access to the Axios “Family Fund”, which was created to allow employees to request financial support when facing financial hardship or emergencies
- Weekly company-sponsored exercise and meditation classes
- Virtual company-sponsored social events
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.