Freelance Copy Editor (Spanish Fluency)
Quick take: Axios is a new digital media company that tells the reader what matters and why to make them smarter, faster. We're hiring a Freelance Copy Editor!
Why it matters: We are recruiting freelance copy editors to be on call to help shape, structure, and edit Axios newsletters and news stories as needed. You will maintain Axios style and voice, ensuring Smart Brevity in all content. You will work with reporters to offer comments and suggestions to improve their news and strengthen their abilities.
Go deeper: When needed, you will be responsible for editing early morning newsletters, other stories or media products, and being an experienced set of eyes on our news stream. This is an opportunity to ensure the highest quality of our product that we promise our readers.
The details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for Axios’ mission and have the following skills:
- Journalism and copy editing experience
- Demonstrated experience editing newsletters and digital copy
- Ability to aggregate news and write when needed
- Ability to work quickly and autonomously with extreme attention to detail
- Ability to learn and implement Axios style quickly
- Understanding of a range of topics including markets and finance, energy, technology and health care is preferred
Back to top