Executive Producer, Podcast
- Arlington, VA
Quick Take: Axios is a growth-stage startup dedicated to providing trustworthy, award-winning news content in an audience-first format. We are hiring an Executive Producer to oversee our podcasts!
Why it Matters: The Executive Producer will steer the editorial content, lead production teams, and grow the audience base for our new and existing podcasts.
Go Deeper: This role carries the following responsibilities:
- Help drive the editorial direction of our podcasts by participating in all show development and pitch meetings.
- Work closely with editorial leadership and growth marketing teams to keep Axios on the leading edge of content production and audience growth.
- Lead podcast production team in the pilot, launch and production phases and help adapt the process to suit the needs of individual shows. Meet regularly with hosts and team leaders/show runners to ensure the process is working for all involved.
- Lead kick-off meetings for each show and participate in ongoing production meetings, table reads, and other milestone meetings.
- Work with finance and operations to develop show budgets that accurately reflect the needs of various types of show production.
- Work closely with the Executive Editor to create ideas that accurately represent Axios’ mission and help create an innovative show line up.
The Details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for Axios’ mission and have the following skills:
- 8+ yrs experience in audio storytelling with 2+ years developing, launching and leading production on a successful podcast or radio program
- Experience leading teams and managing producers, with a priority on setting up structure and communicating a broader vision that allows your team to do their best work
- Experience working collaboratively with creative and editorial talent and ability to communicate on an executive level while managing the details of multiple day-to-day productions
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Strong journalistic judgement and integrity
- Strong attention to detail
- Deep understanding of the digital media landscape + avid podcast consumer
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend
Back to top