Quick Take: Axios is a new digital media company that gets you smarter, faster with news that matters. We're hiring an Executive Editor to help us continue to grow and support the best newsroom in the business!
Why it Matters: In just two years, Axios has built a newsroom of more than 50 talented journalists committed to providing our readers the most trustworthy information in the most efficient way possible. Reporting to our Editor-in-Chief, the Executive Editor will play a critical role in sharpening our news coverage, supporting our talent and helping steer Axios to new successes in the future as we continue on this incredible growth trajectory.
Go Deeper: This is an unparalleled opportunity to make an impact on the future of our newsroom. The Executive Editor will help build future news teams, provide support and management to our current newsroom leaders, and serve as a public representative of Axios.
The Details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for Axios’ mission and have the following skills:
- Experience managing journalists of all backgrounds and skill levels, and managing daily newsroom operations, from personnel to breaking news stories
- Proven ability to lead and guide strategic newsroom decisions such as coverage areas and hiring priorities
- Collaborative spirit and eagerness to work with other newsroom leaders to steer our future coverage
- An understanding of and commitment to inclusion and diversity
- Comfort serving as a public figure for Axios, in recruiting efforts, on TV, on panels, at conferences, etc.
- The belief that Smart Brevity is the best way to convey all information, not just news
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend
Back to top