Capitol Hill Correspondent
- Arlington, VA
Quick Take: Axios is a growth-stage startup dedicated to providing trustworthy, award-winning news content in an audience-first format. We are hiring a reporter/analyst for Capitol Hill.
Why it Matters: We are launching a newsletter on Congress with a focus on leadership, big-picture strategy and the future.
Go Deeper: Our Capitol Hill Correspondent will write a daily newsletter on the biggest stories and trends shaping the United States Congress, highlight the goals and motivations of congressional leaders, and break news to help shape the legislative agenda. You’ll collaborate with our stellar Politics team and subject matter experts to illuminate readers on how Congress will deal with the topics and trends that matter, such as China, AI, climate change and the future of work.
The Details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for Axios’ mission. Candidates must demonstrate the ability to break stories, spot trends for longer-range coverage, and convey contextual meaning to developments on the beat. Ideal candidates will also have the following skills:
- Deep experience on Capitol Hill, either as a journalist or staffer, and the ability to see past the daily noise to spot the news and trends that matter
- Positive attitude and ability to thrive in high-pressure news environments
- Ability to represent Axios coverage at events and on external media channels
- Commitment to the Axios mission and Smart Brevity style
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend
Back to top