1 Big Thing: Axios is a growth-stage startup dedicated to providing trustworthy, award-winning news content in an audience-first format and, most recently, we’ve also launched an innovative SaaS product for corporate communications called Axios HQ. We are looking for a proven and innovative sales professional to help us grow this new Axios product.
Why it Matters: Our newest sales team member will play a critical role in growing ARR for this new line of business by presenting Axios HQ to important decision makers and executives at mid-market companies across the country. They will partner with our VP of Sales to serve as our eyes and ears in the market and will collaborate closely with account management, strategy and product teams across Axios to ensure the product performs well and meets the needs and expectations of future clients.
Go Deeper: Ideal candidates should have an entrepreneurial spirit, be highly collaborative, exhibit a passion for building something new, and have the following experience:
- 4-10 years professional experience
- Minimum 2 years of direct selling experience
- Exceptional sales fundamental skills including needs diagnosis, storytelling, objection handling, answering difficult questions, and navigating the process to close business
- Proven ability to manage a book of business and consistently exceed sales goals
- Track record adapting and iterating on your approach to evolve the sales pitch based the persona you are speaking to
- Experience diving in and becoming a subject matter expert on a new technology product
- Highly skilled at managing sales-cycles and closing new business in a fast-paced environment using solution selling principles and concepts
- Superior presentation skills with the ability to create a compelling business case for a prospective client to buy a new product
- Wildly collaborative with an eagerness to work hard toward lofty individual and team goals
Don’t forget: Axios employees enjoy the following benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Company equity
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend
Additional pandemic-related benefits:
- One mental health day per q
- $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
- Company-sponsored access to Ginger coaching and mental health support
- OneMedical membership, including tele-health services
- Increased work flexibility for parents and caretakers
- Access to the Axios “Family Fund”, which was created to allow employees to request financial support when facing financial hardship or emergencies
- Class pass discount
- Virtual company-sponsored social events
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.