Axiom is seeking a Recruiting Associate to join our team in Toronto.
Axiom, a recognized leader in the business of law, is a new category of professional services firm and the world's largest provider of tech-enabled legal, contracts, and compliance solutions for large enterprises. We’re comprised of over 1,500 passionate Axiomites who serve over half the Fortune 100 across 16 offices and 5 centers of excellence globally (and counting). www.AxiomLaw.com
The Financial Times ranked Axiom #1 in business of law, #1 in innovation in corporate strategy and #1 in innovation in law firm efficiency, while The New York Times said Axiom is “rewriting the law firm business model.” In addition, Axiom CEO Mark Harris’ accolades include recognition by the Financial Times as a "top ten agent for change," by Forbes as a "name you need to know," by the National Law Journal as one of the 100 most influential lawyers, by the ABA as a "legal rebel" and by the Aspen Institute as a 2013 Henry Crown Fellow.
We’re passionate about our company; we get a nerdy excitement from what we do. Why work with us? Here are a few reasons:
• Growth: We maintain a tremendously compelling growth trajectory, despite our age and size.
• Innovation: From professional services to SaaS solutions, we’re an award-winning innovator. Axiomites thrive on solving problems that have never been solved.
• Opportunity: We’re the market-leading disruptor within the world’s second largest services economy.
• Development: Business is never “as usual” at Axiom. That kind of environment offers unparalleled opportunities for problem solving, leadership, and professional growth.
• People/Values: Ask any Axiomite “Why Axiom?” and their answer is guaranteed to include our people and values. Over 15 years, we’ve hired not only the industry’s most talented team, but a global family sharing fundamental values.
What’s the role?
The Recruiting Associate is accountable for understanding our clients’ needs and matching these against the skills, availability and expertise of our attorneys. The Associate is also responsible for portions of recruiting attorneys. This individual plays a critical role and has a direct and immediate impact in realizing revenue for the Toronto office.
Specifically, this role will be responsible for:
• Execute sourcing strategies to attract top-tier attorney talent in the Toronto region
• Develop an up to date knowledge of recruiting issues and trends throughout the legal industry
• Oversee heavy volume of inbound applicants, including drafting and monitoring job postings and screening applicants to ensure Axiom’s continued leadership in attorney talent across the region
• Conduct interviews for candidates. Serve as the main point of contact for candidates (provide short introduction to our business model and attorney value proposition, answer questions, arrange follow-up efforts, collect documentation, etc.), and ensure all candidate correspondence is completed in a timely manner
• Identify the correct attorney compensation parameters based on internal and external market trends
• Work closely with Axiom’s Practice Management (sales) teams to understand our clients’ needs and match appropriate lawyers to each role to a tight timeframe, including engaging directly with clients to discuss opportunities
• Develop a deep understanding of the skills, practice areas, and experience of the Axiom Attorneys in Toronto
• Assist in building a trusted advisor relationship with Axiom’s growing team of lawyers to help to identify lawyer candidates for client engagements
• Understand lawyer skillsets from a multi-disciplinary approach – ranging from bespoke financial service skillsets through to general commercial and niche skillsets
• Partner with Axiom team members in other offices to solicit relevant ideas for opportunities and effectively coordinate around attorney availability
• Reach out to attorneys to persuasively discuss opportunities while gauging attorneys’ viability for potential roles
• Oversee and maintain our lawyer and client database including recording notes on all interactions, setting up new matters
• Conduct extensive searches in database for attorneys; review resumes to vet for the best fits
• Draft client-facing submission documentation to present lawyers to Axiom clients
• Coach and prepare Axiom attorneys in advance of client interviews
• Manage attorney expectations during the fulfillment process, while keeping the sales team updated
First and foremost, successful candidates must be fits for our unique operating environment and culture: high-growth, innovative, lean, and values-driven. As such, successful candidates must be highly capable in each the following dimensions (among others): adaptability, curiosity, resourcefulness, analytical thinking/problem solving, proactivity, taking initiative, teamwork, thought leadership, credibility, and operating with/through a lean team (for people leaders: must be comfortable being a “player” and a “coach,” often in equal parts).
Successful candidates must also embody our Core Values:
• Committed: We love the company we’re building with undignified enthusiasm. We’re committed to our mission, our clients and our people. We celebrate our successes, learn from our failures and find opportunity in adversity.
• Fresh: We exist to inject new energy and new thinking into a precedent-bound profession. We combine innovation, personality and logic in a way that invigorates our clients and our colleagues.
• Irresistible: There’s a certain inevitability to Axiom and our business model, which makes it irresistible to clients. What’s more, we surround ourselves with talented people who have a contagious energy and incurable passion.
• Thoughtful: We pride ourselves on listening and relating to our colleagues and clients in a way that’s genuine, human and memorable. We take a consultative approach; work with our clients to help solve business problems. And we care about the little things.
Beyond these characteristics, here are the required skills, knowledge, capabilities, and education:
• 2 – 3+ years of relevant experience, ideally in legal recruiting experience within a law firm, recruitment agency, or corporate in-house environment, or other relevant experience
• Sense of urgency; relentless drive to close business and chase revenue
• Professional presence, business acumen; strong written and verbal communication skills
• Poise, confidence, and maturity to interact with senior-level, highly experienced attorneys and/or clients
• High EQ; ability to effectively assess candidate skills and interests to meet requirements
• Extremely organized, while also able to operate in a high pressure, fast-paced environment
• 100% comfortable quickly changing course as needed; ready to roll with the punches
• Strong project management experience
• Incredibly proactive; demonstrates great initiative
• Meticulous attention to detail and adaptability
• Solid decision-making; analytical and creative problem solving skills
• Thrives in both individual and team environments
Sound intriguing? Please send (1) a short statement of interest (in Axiom and the role) and (2) your resume/CV to [email protected]
Back to top