Solution Advisory & Architecture Manager
Axiom is seeking a Manager of Solution Advisory & Architecture to join our Solution Architecture team in our New York office.
Axiom, a recognized leader in the business of law, is a new category of professional services firm and the world's largest provider of tech-enabled legal, contracts, and compliance solutions for large enterprises. We’re comprised of over 1,500 passionate Axiomites who serve over half the Fortune 100 across 16 offices and 5 centers of excellence globally (and counting). www.AxiomLaw.com
The Financial Times ranked Axiom #1 in business of law, #1 in innovation in corporate strategy and #1 in innovation in law firm efficiency, while The New York Times said Axiom is “rewriting the law firm business model.” In addition, Axiom CEO Mark Harris’ accolades include recognition by the Financial Times as a "top ten agent for change," by Forbes as a "name you need to know," by the National Law Journal as one of the 100 most influential lawyers, by the ABA as a "legal rebel" and by the Aspen Institute as a 2013 Henry Crown Fellow.
We’re passionate about our company; we get a nerdy excitement from what we do. Why work with us? Here are a few reasons:
• Growth: We maintain a tremendously compelling growth trajectory, despite our age and size.
• Innovation: From professional services to SaaS solutions, we’re an award-winning innovator. Axiomites thrive on solving problems that have never been solved.
• Opportunity: We’re the market-leading disruptor within the world’s second largest services economy.
• Development: Business is never “as usual” at Axiom. That kind of environment offers unparalleled opportunities for problem solving, leadership, and professional growth.
• People/Values: Ask any Axiomite “Why Axiom?” and their answer is guaranteed to include our people and values. Over 15 years, we’ve hired not only the industry’s most talented team, but a global family sharing fundamental values.
What’s the role?
Axiom’s most strategic and fastest growing line of business is our Tech-enabled Contracts division (TEC), where Axiom is pioneering some of the most innovative technology-enabled solutions in the contracts industry. At the heart of Axiom’s innovation agenda, the Solution Architecture and Advisory teams are responsible for helping clients identify operating requirements and develop target state operating models, as well as for designing Axiom’s most complex project, outsourcing, and technology solutions.
Unlike with Management Consulting firms, the Solutions Architecture team at Axiom is charged not only with advising clients and drawing up the blueprints for future solutions, but also with working alongside our clients to build outthese capabilities. This critical distinction is what has attracted an incredibly talented team made up of partners and consultants from leading strategy consulting firms (McKinsey, BCG, Bain), pioneers from the world of Business Process Outsourcing (BPO), and experts in cutting edge technologies and systems.
Specifically, this role will report to the US Lead of Solutions Architecture and be responsible for:
• Helping to build, modify and deploy Axiom proprietary tools, methodologies and intellectual property across internal Axiom teams, driving scale and repeatability across sales, architecture and delivery organizations
• Supporting product development across Axiom TEC services, including the development of new solution categories in response to regulatory or business needs our clients face
• Leveraging Axiom proprietary tools, methodologies, and intellectual property to help define or interpret client requirements and craft commercially viable and deliverable solutions
• Understand and translate buyer requirements into a standard solution offering deal approach, solution plan, proposal and cost estimate leveraging standard process methods, deliverables and the right collection of offerings
• Understand and clearly define the input required to create pricing estimates; working with sales and delivery organizations to finalize and obtain necessary signoffs across the organization
• Managing the communication/collaboration with the delivery organization
• Interfacing with the delivery organization to provide input throughout contracting phase, ensure effective transition, shape services, collaborate on clear solution assumptions, determine appropriate service delivery locations and related cost to deliver
• Collaborating as a key member of the sales team to represent the solution offering to the client buyer and other internal Axiom groups
• Aligning final solution architecture (including statement of work, schedules and other contractual documents) with final terms and conditions
First and foremost, successful candidates must be fits for our unique operating environment and culture: high-growth, innovative, lean, and values-driven. As such, successful candidates must be highly capable in each the following dimensions (among others): adaptability, curiosity, resourcefulness, analytical thinking/problem solving, proactivity, taking initiative, teamwork, thought leadership, credibility, and operating with/through a lean team (for people leaders: must be comfortable being a “player” and a “coach,” often in equal parts).
Our ideal candidate will have significant client-facing experience with a leading strategy or management consultancy, and preferably also have meaningful Solution Architecture (or equivalent) experience with a managed services or outsourcing provider (business process, legal process, or technology). The candidate should have mastery of the traditional consultant toolkit (problem structuring and solving, ability to articulate a crisp client narrative, strong communication skills), as well as a nuanced understanding of outsourcing and alternative delivery models. While not in a “sales” role, the candidate will work closely with Axiom’s Solution Sales team during the early stages of the sales cycle and will play a critical part in cementing client adoption.
Successful candidates must also embody our Core Values:
• Committed: We love the company we’re building with undignified enthusiasm. We’re committed to our mission, our clients and our people. We celebrate our successes, learn from our failures and find opportunity in adversity.
• Fresh: We exist to inject new energy and new thinking into a precedent-bound profession. We combine innovation, personality and logic in a way that invigorates our clients and our colleagues.
• Irresistible: There’s a certain inevitability to Axiom and our business model, which makes it irresistible to clients. What’s more, we surround ourselves with talented people who have a contagious energy and incurable passion.
• Thoughtful: We pride ourselves on listening and relating to our colleagues and clients in a way that’s genuine, human and memorable. We take a consultative approach; work with our clients to help solve business problems. And we care about the little things.
Beyond these characteristics, here are the required skills, knowledge, capabilities, and education:
• 5+ years of experience as a consultant and/or solution architect for top-tier consultancy, business process outsourcing, legal process outsourcing, or technology outsourcing companies or a similar role within an F500 or other professional services organization. Robust consulting toolkit and nuanced understanding of outsourcing models, tools, and governance required.
• Experience “solutioning” legal outsourcing solutions a plus, though not required.
• Exceptional analytical and quantitative capabilities.
• Financial modeling skills.
• Relentless focus on client’s needs and consistently raises the bar on service excellence.
• Project management experience and meticulous attention to detail.
• Superb time management, judgment, decision-making and problem solving skills.
• Thrives in both individual and collaborative team environments.
• Expert high-impact communication and presentation skills.
• Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite (including PowerPoint, Excel, Project, and Visio).
• Organizational fit for the Axiom culture; that is, exhibit the core values of Irresistible, Fresh, Committed, & Thoughtful.
• Legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located.
• Bachelor’s degree required, JD/MBA a plus.
Sound intriguing? Please send (1) a short statement of interest (in Axiom and the role) and (2) your resume/CV to email@example.com
Meet Some of Axiom's Employees
Director, East Coast Fulfillment
Matt's team are the matchmakers, tasked with connecting Axiom attorneys to the most suitable roles for their skills. Matt regularly collaborates with the Sales Teams to help fulfill their clients' most pressing needs.
Back to top