Axiom is seeking an Account Manager to join our sales team in New York.
Axiom, a recognized leader in the business of law, is a new category of professional services firm and the world's largest provider of tech-enabled legal, contracts, and compliance solutions for large enterprises. We’re comprised of over 1,500 passionate Axiomites who serve over half the Fortune 100 across 16 offices and 5 centers of excellence globally (and counting). www.AxiomLaw.com
What’s the role?
The New York sales team is responsible for solving critical business problems in the legal departments of some of the world’s largest companies through two main forms of engagement:
Axiom Attorneys enable General Counsel to reduce their reliance on traditional law firms and to manage spikes in workflow that exceed the capacity of their in-house teams. These engagements range from part to full time, remote to onsite.
There are more than 800 Axiom Attorneys providing insourcing services across the world. Experienced, credentialed attorneys join Axiom for a number of reasons, including (i) an “in-house” practice that is more integrated with clients than traditional law firms; (ii) a wide variety of industries and clients; (iii) control of the type of work they do; and (iv) no required “book of business.” In 2015 Axiom hired more attorneys than any other traditional or non-traditional provider of legal services.
Axiom’s Managed Projects business combines real process disciplines with smart technology and tools—applied end to end throughout a project— to review commercial contracts in connection with corporate transactions and regulatory events. Axiom was recognized by a leading trade association, the Association of Corporate Counsel, for its innovative and cost-effective approach to these projects.
A critical member of that team, the Sales Executive is a truly rare opportunity for an entrepreneurial, innovative, and highly consultative commercial leader who’s eager to help evolve the landscape of an entire industry. This is a significant business owner role within the fastest-growing practice group within Axiom. You will be afforded a high degree of accountability and ownership over a portfolio of F500 and industry-leading clients in the Life Sciences industry, driving everything from new client development, to account growth (including cross selling). Axiom is never “business as usual.” We’re dynamic and lean; our positions are multi-faceted. This gives the person in this role the unique and compelling opportunity to develop strategic, operational, and management skills outside of day-to-day sales as well.
Specifically, this role will:
- Lead sales and client development efforts, and drive revenue, with current and prospective clients.
- Design/execute a growth plan and make business decisions affecting the practice
- Personally define the client experience by building durable relationships, inspiring trust, and thought-leading with innovative solutions.
- Operate within a collaborative environment with highly motivated teammates and interact with many other parts of the business.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and be comfortable being accountable for decision making.
First and foremost, successful candidates must be fits for our unique operating environment and culture: high-growth, innovative, lean, and values-driven. As such, successful candidates must be highly capable in each of the following dimensions (among others): adaptability, curiosity, resourcefulness, analytical thinking/problem solving, proactivity, taking initiative, teamwork, thought leadership, credibility, and operating with/through a lean team (for people leaders: must be comfortable being a “player” and a “coach,” often in equal parts).
Successful candidates must also embody our Core Values:
- Committed: We love the company we’re building with undignified enthusiasm. We’re committed to our mission, our clients and our people. We celebrate our successes, learn from our failures and find opportunity in adversity.
- Fresh: We exist to inject new energy and new thinking into a precedent-bound profession. We combine innovation, personality and logic in a way that invigorates our clients and our colleagues.
- Irresistible: There’s a certain inevitability to Axiom and our business model, which makes it irresistible to clients. What’s more, we surround ourselves with talented people who have a contagious energy and incurable passion.
- Thoughtful: We pride ourselves on listening and relating to our colleagues and clients in a way that’s genuine, human and memorable. We take a consultative approach; work with our clients to help solve business problems. And we care about the little things.
Beyond these characteristics, here are the required skills, knowledge, capabilities, and education:
- 5+ years of client development/sales experience, consulting experience, or other “commercial” experience within a high-performing company.
- Knowledge of consultative solution selling.
- Keen ability to build laterally and nurture client relationships.
- Demonstrated ability of leading, managing, and inspiring others. A thought leader to clients and colleagues alike.
- Significant project management experience and meticulous attention to detail skills.
- Superb time management, judgment, decision-making, and problem solving skills.
- Thrives in both individual and collaborative team environments.
- Expert high-impact communication and presentation skills.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite (including PowerPoint).
- Organizational fit for the Axiom culture, that is, exhibits the core values of Irresistible, Fresh, Committed, and Thoughtful.
- Legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located.
- Experience owning and growing a P&L of $2M++.
Bachelor’s degree from a top-tier university required. JD/MBA preferred.
We’re passionate about our company; we get a nerdy excitement from what we do. Why work with us? Here are a few reasons:
- Growth: We maintain a tremendously compelling growth trajectory, despite our age and size.
- Innovation: From professional services to SaaS solutions, we’re an award-winning innovator. Axiomites thrive on solving problems that have never been solved.
- Opportunity: We’re the market-leading disruptor within the world’s second largest services economy.
- Development: Business is never “as usual” at Axiom. That kind of environment offers unparalleled opportunities for problem solving, leadership, and professional growth.
- People/Values: Ask any Axiomite “Why Axiom?” and their answer is guaranteed to include our people and values. Over 15 years, we’ve hired not only the industry’s most talented team, but a global family sharing fundamental values.
Back to top