Sales Director - Life Sciences
Axiom is seeking a Sales Director to join our East Cost Life Sciences practice.
Axiom is the recognized leader in the business of law. Through our curated marketplace, we employ and then deploy 2,000 lawyers, professionals, process engineers and technologists to deliver tech-enabled legal, contracts, and compliance solutions to the Fortune/FTSE 500. This is the future of law. www.axiomlaw.com
What’s the role?
The Sales Director is a critical sales-leader role, responsible for leading sales and account management for a portfolio of F500 clients across Axiom’s Life Sciences practice. This is a player/coach role in which the Sales Director will carry an annual new-sales quota as well as coach and develop other members of the sales team to achieve double-digit growth across a client vertical. In addition to sales, the Sales Director will work closely with other senior sales leaders to set account/business strategy and define new client offerings.
Specifically, this role is accountable for:
• Building deep, trusted relationships with senior legal counsel at a portfolio of F500 Life Sciences clients.
• Generating multi-million dollar new business growth and growing extant business.
• Leading the development of account plans and growth plans for the client vertical. Making strategic business decisions that positively impact the practice.
• Keeping a constantly strategic lens on attorney “supply” for client engagements, working closely with our attorney recruiters to calibrate client demand with attorney supply.
• Making effective commercial decisions within a highly collaborative, matrixed environment.
• Coaching and mentoring others on the New York sales team, ensuring that they reach their sales goals and develop as sales professionals.
First and foremost, successful candidates must be fits for our unique operating environment and culture: high-growth, innovative, lean, and values-driven. As such, successful candidates must be highly capable in each of the following dimensions (among others): adaptability, curiosity, resourcefulness, analytical thinking/problem solving, proactivity, taking initiative, teamwork, thought leadership, credibility, and operating with/through a lean team (for people leaders: must be comfortable being a “player” and a “coach,” often in equal parts).
Beyond these characteristics, here are the required skills, knowledge, capabilities, and education:
• 8-10+ years of sales experience in a professional services environment or B2B organization. This includes a strong track record originating and selling B2B services to “senior buyers” in F500 companies. Experience selling into large pharmaceutical clients highly preferred.
• Personally executes against a $1.5-2mm annual new business quota and oversees/grows a multi-million dollar portfolio of extant business with key clients.
• Extensive experience with consultative/solution sales.
• Relentless focus on client’s needs. Consistently raises the bar on service excellence.
• Keen ability to independently build and nurture key relationships with senior clients.
• Demonstrated ability of leading, managing, and inspiring others.
• Superb time management, judgment, decision-making and problem solving skills.
• Thrives as both an individual contributor AND in a highly-collaborative team environment.
• Experience using Salesforce.com CRM highly preferred.
• Expert high-impact communication and presentation skills.
• Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite (including PowerPoint).
• Bachelor’s degree from a top-tier university required. MBA preferred.
Meet Some of Axiom's Employees
Director, East Coast Fulfillment
Matt's team are the matchmakers, tasked with connecting Axiom attorneys to the most suitable roles for their skills. Matt regularly collaborates with the Sales Teams to help fulfill their clients' most pressing needs.
Back to top