Sales and Business Development Coordinator - London
Axiom is seeking a Sales & Business Development Coordinator to join our London team.
Axiom, a recognized leader in the business of law, is a new category of professional services firm and the world's largest provider of tech-enabled legal, contracts, and compliance solutions for large enterprises. We’re comprised of over 1,500 passionate Axiomites who serve over half the Fortune 100 across 16 offices and 5 centers of excellence globally (and counting). www.AxiomLaw.co.uk
The Financial Times ranked Axiom #1 in business of law, #1 in innovation in corporate strategy and #1 in innovation in law firm efficiency, while The New York Times said Axiom is “rewriting the law firm business model.” In addition, Axiom CEO Mark Harris’ accolades include recognition by the Financial Times as a "top ten agent for change," by Forbes as a "name you need to know," by the National Law Journal as one of the 100 most influential lawyers, by the ABA as a "legal rebel" and by the Aspen Institute as a 2013 Henry Crown Fellow.
We’re passionate about our company; we get a nerdy excitement from what we do. Why work with us? Here are a few reasons:
• Growth: We maintain a tremendously compelling growth trajectory, despite our age and size.
• Innovation: From professional services to SaaS solutions, we’re an award-winning innovator. Axiomites thrive on solving problems that have never been solved.
• Opportunity: We’re the market-leading disruptor within the world’s second largest services economy.
• Development: Business is never “as usual” at Axiom. That kind of environment offers unparalleled opportunities for problem solving, leadership, and professional growth.
• People/Values: Ask any Axiomite “Why Axiom?” and their answer is guaranteed to include our people and values. Over 15 years, we’ve hired not only the industry’s most talented team, but a global family sharing fundamental values.
What’s the role?
This role requires a tremendous amount of initiative and organizational skills, and a desire to work in an innovative growth environment. The Coordinator plays an integral role in supporting the business team as we develop and expand our accounts in London. Not only will the Coordinator be afforded a high degree of independence, but also the opportunity to work with an amazing group of fun and talented people.
Specifically, this role will be responsible for:
• Performing research in preparation for client meetings; developing preparation materials for Axiom attorneys prior to client interviews
• Creating and maintaining presentations for client meetings; developing case studies to support business development & building client facing collateral in response to requests by the sales teams.
• Assisting London’s General Manager and Practice Managers with presentations and client responses to RFP’s – this requires a high degree of creativity and strong presentational and powerpoint skills
• Coordinating, helping execute and tracking client marketing events.
• Supporting ongoing sales efforts by tracking and reporting on metrics associated with client development, engagement management, revenue and margins, and other key sales metrics.
• Overseeing and maintaining our lawyer and client databases including entering notes and setting up new matters.
• Assisting with planning internal office events and tracking incentive plans.
• Supporting the business development teams in building new client contacts through building client accounts, client contact lists, key account presentations, and, territory planning.
First and foremost, successful candidates must be fits for our unique operating environment and culture: high-growth, innovative, lean, and values-driven. As such, successful candidates must be highly capable in each the following dimensions (among others): adaptability, curiosity, resourcefulness, analytical thinking/problem solving, proactivity, taking initiative, teamwork, thought leadership, credibility, and operating with/through a lean team.
In this role, we are looking for someone who is eager to gain experience in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment, exhibits outstanding judgment and professionalism, and has exceptional attention to detail. It provides great opportunity for multi-layered experience within a fast paced and highly motivated team with the opportunity to advance quickly.
Successful candidates must also embody our Core Values:
• Committed: We love the company we’re building with undignified enthusiasm. We’re committed to our mission, our clients and our people. We celebrate our successes, learn from our failures and find opportunity in adversity.
• Fresh: We exist to inject new energy and new thinking into a precedent-bound profession. We combine innovation, personality and logic in a way that invigorates our clients and our colleagues.
• Irresistible: There’s a certain inevitability to Axiom and our business model, which makes it irresistible to clients. What’s more, we surround ourselves with talented people who have a contagious energy and incurable passion.
• Thoughtful: We pride ourselves on listening and relating to our colleagues and clients in a way that’s genuine, human and memorable. We take a consultative approach; work with our clients to help solve business problems. And we care about the little things.
Beyond these characteristics, here are the required skills, knowledge, capabilities, and education:
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Eagerness to learn; ambition to take on more responsibility
• Incredibly proactive; demonstrates great initiative
• Meticulous attention to detail and adaptability
• Professional presence, business acumen, and strong communication skills
• Excellent organizational and prioritization abilities
• Solid decision-making, analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong Microsoft Office Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Thrives in both individual and team environments
Meet Some of Axiom's Employees
Noraan is on the Financial Services Team, the point person for financial institutions Axiom serves. She acts as a trusted advisor to clients, identifying the right solutions for their goals.
Back to top