Manager, Sales & Account Management
Axiom is seeking a Manager, Sales & Account Management to join our sales team in London.
It’s 2017 and the legal industry has changed. Even those industries most resistant have succumbed to modernisation. Axiom, a recognised leader in the business of law, is a new category of professional services firm and the world's largest provider of tech-enabled legal, contracts, and compliance solutions for large enterprises. The Financial Times ranked Axiom #1 in business of law, #1 in innovation in corporate strategy and #1 in innovation in law firm efficiency, while The New York Times said Axiom are “rewriting the law firm business model.” We’re comprised of over 2,000 passionate Axiomites who serve over half the Fortune 100 across 17 offices globally (…and growing!).
The Manager, Sales & Account Management is a critical commercial role, responsible for new sales and the growth of key client accounts across a portfolio of clients. The Manager, Sales & Account Management will partner directly with senior legal counsel running legal departments at some of the largest companies in the world to solve some of their most pressing business challenges.
Specifically, this role is accountable for:
• Personally defining the client experience by building durable relationships, inspiring trust, and thought-leading with innovative solutions.
• Originating and selling multi-million dollar business opportunities and managing the growth of existing client relationships.
• Developing account plans for the client vertical in partnership with senior sales leadership. Developing and driving strategic business decisions that positively impact the practice, with an eye toward double-digit growth.
• Keeping a constantly strategic lens on our supply of attorneys, working closely with our attorney recruiters to ensure that our attorney recruiting efforts yield the right number and mix of attorneys for client engagements.
• Collaborating effectively with others on the sales team, ensuring that they reach their sales goals and develop as sales professionals.
• Thriving in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment where business is never “as usual.”
First and foremost, successful candidates must be fits for our unique operating environment and culture: high-growth, innovative, lean, and values-driven. As such, successful candidates must be highly capable in each of the following dimensions (among others): adaptability, curiosity, resourcefulness, analytical thinking/problem solving, proactivity, taking initiative, teamwork, thought leadership, credibility, and operating with/through a lean team (for people leaders: must be comfortable being a “player” and a “coach,” often in equal parts).
Beyond these characteristics, here are the required skills, knowledge, capabilities, and education:
• 5+ years in a B2B, highly consultative, commercial role in which you were personally accountable for generating new sales and growing/managing existing client relationships. Consultative and/or solutions selling experience is required.
• F500 accounts and direct partnership with senior clients.
• Experience managing longer sales cycles independently and effectively, from origination through engagement management.
• Exceptional solutioning and problem-solving skills. Extensive experience crafting client solutions from scratch based on a fundamental understanding of their needs.
• Proven ability to collaborate and influence across organisational boundaries within a highly matrixed sales organisation. Effective as an individual contributor and as part of a broader team.
• High-impact communication and presentation skills.
• Superb time-management, organisational, and project-management skills.
• Understands key financial concepts like profit and loss, gross and net margin, and pricing.
• Proficiency across the Microsoft Office suite.
• Legally eligible to work in the geography in which the position is located.
• Bachelor’s degree required. MBA preferred.
Meet Some of Axiom's Employees
Noraan is on the Financial Services Team, the point person for financial institutions Axiom serves. She acts as a trusted advisor to clients, identifying the right solutions for their goals.
Back to top