Key Accounts Lead – Banking
Axiom is seeking a Key Accounts Lead to join our Banking practice in New York.
It’s 2017 and the legal industry has changed. Even those industries most resistant have succumbed to modernization. Axiom, a recognized leader in the business of law, is a new category of professional services firm and the world's largest provider of tech-enabled legal, contracts, and compliance solutions for large enterprises. The Financial Times ranked Axiom #1 in business of law, #1 in innovation in corporate strategy and #1 in innovation in law firm efficiency, while The New York Times said Axiom is “rewriting the law firm business model.” We’re comprised of over 2,000 passionate Axiomites who serve over half the Fortune 100 across 17 offices globally (…and growing!).
Banking is one of Axiom’s most strategic segments, accounting for nearly half of company revenue. Globally, this sector has been the subject of massive new regulatory and compliance requirements that increasingly require legal oversight across a wide variety of middle-to-back office operations. Axiom is uniquely positioned to deliver innovative solutions to address these complex and rapidly expanding requirements.
The Key Accounts Lead in New York is accountable for managing and growing Axiom’s key investment banking and financial institutions relationships across the East Coast. Among other things, the Key Accounts Lead will be accountable for business development, account strategy, relationship management, overseeing the delivery of services, and building an account management team. This is a high-visibility, high-accountability role overseeing the growth of some of Axiom’s largest and most strategic relationships.
Specifically, this role is accountable for:
• Direct responsibility of Axiom’s largest global banking and financial institutions accounts. The role also draws upon a matrixed set of dedicated specialist sales and account resources across Axiom’s service lines who are goaled upon revenue growth for this account portfolio.
• Expanding Axiom’s relationship reach across a targeted set of bank stakeholders representing C-level and executive/line level functions primarily concentrated across legal (General/Deputy General Counsel, regulatory, compliance and operational functions). Axiom serves a broad spectrum of needs bank-wide, but with a particular depth of competency within the investment bank, focusing on trading documentation compliance, client on-boarding, anti-money laundering, and other related regulatory/compliance areas (for example, Recovery and Resolution/Living Will, FACTA, EMIR, Dodd-Frank/Volker Rule support), along with other targeted areas of opportunity for Axiom services such as M&A, procurement-related contract management, corporate secretarial functions, etc. Across these functions, the candidate will identify and partner with the specialist sales and account team to advance and close new opportunities..
• Working closely with Axiom solutions and specialist sales team to understand the transforming market place and match specialized solution offerings to drive Axiom’s growth strategy and investments.
• Generate new growth (cross-sell new solutions/deals) and growth on existing (new volume or new services within existing solutions) as well as manage the profitability of the accounts.
• Drive the launch process and lead ongoing services and program management for complex, team-based solutions for all banking and financial institutions accounts.
• Coach, lead, mentor and develop an account team.
• Establish, capture, and execute best practices across account management activities.
First and foremost, successful candidates must be fits for our unique operating environment and culture: high-growth, innovative, lean, and values-driven. As such, successful candidates must be highly capable in each of the following dimensions (among others): adaptability, curiosity, resourcefulness, analytical thinking/problem solving, proactivity, taking initiative, teamwork, thought leadership, credibility, and operating with/through a lean team (for people leaders: must be comfortable being a “player” and a “coach,” often in equal parts).
Beyond these characteristics, here are the required skills, knowledge, capabilities, and education:
• 10+ years of sales and account management experience in a professional services environment or selling B2B solutions to F500 C-level decision makers with a proven track record of success.
• Track record of successfully leading account teams and meeting/exceeding annual revenue targets in excess of $15M.
• Knowledge and established track record in consultative services/solution selling.
• While specific background in legal services is not required, the successful candidate will bring deep experience across a relevant mix of the following categories:
o investment banking;
o banking regulatory/compliance related solutions;
o complex global account management;
o financial services consulting background in a top-tier strategy or business and IT consulting firm;
o legal services background or relevant exposure.
• Keen ability to build laterally and nurture client relationships.
• Ability to engage with C-level executives and to originate opportunities for transformative solutions.
• Demonstrated ability to motivate, manage, and inspire others.
• Superb time management, judgment, decision-making, and problem solving skills.
• Expert high-impact communication and presentation capabilities.
• Energized and motivated by a high-energy, entrepreneurial, rapidly growing culture with maturing internal processes and structures.
• Organizational fit for the Axiom culture: exhibit the core values of Irresistible, Fresh, Thoughtful and Committed.
• Bachelor’s degree required. MBA preferred.
Meet Some of Axiom's Employees
Noraan is on the Financial Services Team, the point person for financial institutions Axiom serves. She acts as a trusted advisor to clients, identifying the right solutions for their goals.
Back to top