Graduate Business Development Executive
Axiom is seeking a Business Development Executive to join our Business Development team in London.
What’s the role?
Axiom is a dynamic company with a fresh perspective on the business of law and has experienced a huge amount of growth since its inception. As we continue our expansion, we’re looking for a team member who is able to share Axiom’s story with prospective clients.
This is a position for someone who loves to connect with people, exhibits outstanding judgment and professionalism, and wants to develop a career in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment within a close-knit team. The role requires the confidence to contact experienced professionals and speak to them about what we do in a credible and compelling way so that Axiom may forge lasting relationships with exciting clients and realize more revenue-generating opportunities.
Specifically, this role will be responsible for:
Internal Commercial Activities
• Strategically identifying potential client contacts
• Generating leads and uncovering high-value opportunities
• Researching and gathering business intelligence about prospective clients
• Preparing materials for sales leaders to meet with prospective clients
• Working with local and central marketing teams to create external marketing materials to engage prospective clients
• Supporting the sales process by managing logistical elements of prospect tracking and pipeline management
External Commercial Activities
• Communicating Axiom’s business model to potential clients in an impactful way and demonstrating why a meeting with Axiom would be beneficial to their business
• Driving business through outbound phone calls, with an emphasis on attaining monthly meeting goals for our sales teams
• Preparing and sending strategic e-mails to prospective clients, specific to their business and/or legal needs, to generate interest in meeting with Axiom
• Supporting Sales in all aspects of the sales cycle, including scheduling follow-up meetings and managing the pipelines of completed meetings to ensure all prospective clients are being contacted throughout the year
Successful candidates must demonstrate the following skills, knowledge, capabilities and education:
• Minimum 2.1 degree from a top tier university
• Competitive edge, demonstrated through participation in extracurricular activities, previous employment or other relevant examples
• Strong written/communication skills
• A flexible, can do attitude and a willingness to learn.
• Confidence to interact with senior level clients and senior account managers
• Highly organized with acute attention to detail
• Proactive, forward-thinking, and solutions-oriented approach at all times
• Sense of urgency, hunger, and drive/commitment to exceed monthly meeting goals.
• Tenacity and resilience with a will to keep going despite rejections
• Strong MS office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) skills are required
Beyond these requirements, all candidates must also demonstrate a fit for our core values:
• Committed: We love the company we’re building with undignified enthusiasm. We’re committed to our mission, our clients and our people. We celebrate our successes, learn from our failures and find opportunity in adversity.
• Fresh: We exist to inject new energy and new thinking into a precedent-bound profession. We combine innovation, personality and logic in a way that invigorates our clients and our colleagues.
• Irresistible: There’s a certain inevitability to Axiom and our business model, which makes it irresistible to clients. What’s more, we surround ourselves with talented people who have a contagious energy and incurable passion.
• Thoughtful: We pride ourselves on listening and relating to our colleagues and clients in a way that’s genuine, human and memorable. We take a consultative approach; work with our clients to help solve business problems. And we care about the little things.
Axiom, a recognized leader in the business of law, is a new category of professional services firm and the world's largest provider of tech-enabled legal, contracts, and compliance solutions for large enterprises. We’re comprised of over 1,500 passionate Axiomites who serve over half the Fortune 100 across 16 offices and 5 centers of excellence globally (and counting). www.AxiomLaw.com
The Financial Times ranked Axiom #1 in business of law, #1 in innovation in corporate strategy and #1 in innovation in law firm efficiency, while The New York Times said Axiom is “rewriting the law firm business model.” In addition, Axiom CEO Mark Harris’ accolades include recognition by the Financial Times as a "top ten agent for change," by Forbes as a "name you need to know," by the National Law Journal as one of the 100 most influential lawyers, by the ABA as a "legal rebel" and by the Aspen Institute as a 2013 Henry Crown Fellow.
We’re passionate about our company; we get a nerdy excitement from what we do. Why work with us? Here are a few reasons:
• Growth: Dynamic, emerging-growth company that continues to expand by 20-30% per year even after 15 years in business. Innovation: From professional services to SaaS solutions, we’re an award-winning innovator. Axiomites thrive on solving problems that have never been solved.
• Opportunity: We’re the market-leading disruptor within the world’s second largest services economy.
• Development: Business is never “as usual” at Axiom. That kind of environment offers unparalleled opportunities for problem solving, leadership, and professional growth.
• People/Values: Ask any Axiomite “Why Axiom?” and their answer is guaranteed to include our people and values. Over 15 years, we’ve hired not only the industry’s most talented team, but a global family sharing fundamental values.
Meet Some of Axiom's Employees
Noraan is on the Financial Services Team, the point person for financial institutions Axiom serves. She acts as a trusted advisor to clients, identifying the right solutions for their goals.
Back to top