Director of Solution Sales
Axiom, a pioneer in the legal industry and a leading, global provider of technology-enabled legal solutions, is seeking a Director of Solution Sales to join our team in New York.
Axiom, a recognized leader in the business of law, is a new category of professional services firm and the world's largest provider of tech-enabled legal, contracts, and compliance solutions for large enterprises. Axiom is pioneering change, innovation, and value in one of the world’s largest economies that has not yet fully yielded to innovation and modernization. The Financial Times ranked Axiom #1 in business of law, #1 in innovation in corporate strategy and #1 in innovation in law firm efficiency, while The New York Times said Axiom is “rewriting the law firm business model.” We’re comprised of over 2,000 passionate Axiomites who serve over half the Fortune 100 across 17 offices globally (…and growing!).
Financial Services is one of Axiom’s most strategic segments, accounting for nearly half of company revenue. Globally, this sector has been the subject of massive new regulatory and compliance requirements that increasingly require new levels of control and investment across a wide variety of middle-to-back office operations. Axiom is uniquely positioned to address these complex and rapidly expanding requirements, as the company’s DNA uniquely integrates its legal and regulatory expertise with a blend of process engineers, technologists and data/analytics capabilities – fundamentally improving key outcomes including risk management, business responsiveness, capital efficiency and cost.
This individual will play a key role on the Axiom Solution Sales team to generate revenue through the execution of Managed Project deals with both current and prospective Axiom financial services clients. The successful candidate will bring relevant experience in these areas, with an exceptional ability to build trust-based relationships at senior levels by bringing a blend of financial services industry expertise and success in complex solution selling. A legal background is less important than a proven track record in winning deals within global banks, along with experience across complex technology-enabled solutions and other experiences as described below.
Specifically, this role will report to the US Lead of Solutions Architecture and be responsible for:
• Generating deals and revenue: Managing end-to-end (sourcing, generating, qualifying, pursuing, and closing) Projects deals within top financial institutions
• Cultivate Opportunities with existing clients: Partnering with Axiom’s Insourcing Practice Management (sales) team to uncover leads and opportunities among current Axiom clients
• Advising on Client Solutions: Working side-by-side with Axiom’s Solutions Design team to scope opportunities, identify client solutions, and present to clients to win business
• Overseeing deal-specific bid teams: Ensuring that the bid team (which may include a Bid Manager and representatives from other business functions within Axiom) are progressing against deal targets, remaining within bid budget, and generally facilitating an unparalleled client experience
• Expand Axiom’s relationship reach across a targeted set of bank stakeholders: representing C-level and executive/line level functions primarily concentrated across legal (General/Deputy General Counsel, regulatory, compliance and operational functions). Axiom serves a broad spectrum of needs bank-wide, but with a particular depth of competency within the investment bank, focusing on trading documentation compliance, client on-boarding, anti-money laundering, and other related regulatory/compliance areas (for example, Recovery and Resolution/Living Will, FACTA, EMIR, Dodd-Frank/Volker Rule support), along with other targeted areas of opportunity for Axiom services such as M&A, procurement-related contract management, corporate secretarial functions, etc. Across these functions, the candidate will identify, advance and close new managed services projects
• Work closely with Axiom solutions and specialist sales team to understand the transforming market place and match specialized solution offerings to drive Axiom’s growth strategy and investments
Successful candidates must be fits for Axiom’s unique operating environment and culture: high-growth, innovative, lean, and values-driven. As such, successful candidates must be highly capable in each of the following dimensions (among others): adaptability, curiosity, resourcefulness, analytical thinking/problem solving, proactivity, collaboration, technological savvy, and operating with/through a lean team (for people .leaders: must be comfortable in a player/coach role.)
Beyond these characteristics, here are the required skills, knowledge, capabilities, and education for this particular role:
o 7+ years of selling B2B solutions (Managed Services or Data/Analytics-focused) to F500 C-level decision makers, preferably within the financial services sector (ideally in the context of investment bank sales and trading, derivatives, or asset management
o Track record of successfully leading account and sales teams and meeting/exceeding annual revenue targets in excess of $5M.
o Prior experience leading end-to-end consulting projects or managed services/solutions or outsourcing deals (generating to closing)
o Knowledge and established track record in consultative services/solution selling.
o While specific background in legal services is not required, the successful candidate will bring some experience across a relevant mix of the following categories:
o investment banking;
o banking regulatory/compliance related solutions;
o complex global account management;
o banking technology solution sales;
o financial services consulting background in a top-tier strategy or business and IT consulting firm;
o outsourcing sales/growth role in a leading financial services operations outsourcing firm;
o legal services background or relevant exposure.
• Ability to engage with C-level executives and to originate opportunities for transformative solutions.
• Demonstrated ability to motivate, manage and inspire others.
• Superb time management, judgment, decision-making and problem solving skills.
• Expert high-impact communication and presentation capabilities.
• High intellectual and emotional intelligence and innate ability to focus on client needs.
• Energized and motivated by a high-energy, entrepreneurial, rapidly growing culture with maturing internal processes and structures.
• Organizational fit for the Axiom culture: exhibit the core values of Irresistible, Fresh, Thoughtful and Committed.
• Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or advanced degree from a top tier school preferred.
Meet Some of Axiom's Employees
Director, East Coast Fulfillment
Matt's team are the matchmakers, tasked with connecting Axiom attorneys to the most suitable roles for their skills. Matt regularly collaborates with the Sales Teams to help fulfill their clients' most pressing needs.
Back to top