Director of Content and Communications
Axiom is seeking a Director of Content and Communications to join our Marketing team based either in our San Francisco or New York office.
Axiom is synonymous with the future of law – offering the preeminent on-demand talent marketplace for legal. We’re comprised of over 1,500 passionate Axiomites who serve over half the Fortune 100 across 16 offices and 5 centers of excellence globally (and counting). www.AxiomLaw.com
The Financial Times ranked Axiom #1 in business of law, #1 in innovation in corporate strategy and #1 in innovation in law firm efficiency, while The New York Times said Axiom is “rewriting the law firm business model.” In addition, Axiom CEO Mark Harris’ accolades include recognition by the Financial Times as a "top ten agent for change," by Forbes as a "name you need to know," by the National Law Journal as one of the 100 most influential lawyers, by the ABA as a "legal rebel" and by the Aspen Institute as a 2013 Henry Crown Fellow.
We’re passionate about our company; we get a nerdy excitement from what we do. Why work with us? Here are a few reasons:
• Growth: We maintain a tremendously compelling growth trajectory, despite our age and size.
• Innovation: From professional services to SaaS solutions, we’re an award-winning innovator. Axiomites thrive on solving problems that have never been solved.
• Opportunity: We’re the market-leading disruptor within the world’s second largest services economy.
• Development: Business is never “as usual” at Axiom. That kind of environment offers unparalleled opportunities for problem solving, leadership, and professional growth.
• People/Values: Ask any Axiomite “Why Axiom?” and their answer is guaranteed to include our people and values. Over 15 years, we’ve hired not only the industry’s most talented team, but a global family sharing fundamental values.
What’s the role?
It’s 2016 and the world has an information overload problem. Whether to an internal or an external audience, conveying a message for maximum affect has never been harder (or more important). Enter you. We’re looking for a Communications leader who understands what modern looks like in B2B contexts.
This role breaks down into two categories – the work you’ll oversee and the work you’ll do yourself.
• Oversee day to day public relations and oversee existing external contractor
Current PR focus areas include:
o Revenue-driving press aligned to marketing campaigns
o Thought Leadership aligned to executive voice
o Some executive speechwriting
• Investigate and ultimately oversee day to day with an additional to-be-contracted PR partner (agency)
• Oversee global PR in new markets – providing connective tissue to brand standards and “mother ship” priorities and objectives
• Own PR ROI measurement
• Develop and own our social media strategy and execution, globally (partnering with our Digital Marketing Lead)
• Own internal communications, e.g. around marketing campaigns and major change events
• Manage case study pipeline and execution through publication
o Liaise with sales
o Liaise with writer/do the writing or editing
o Liaise with client on approvals
• Manage award submissions globally working with regional counterparts on content submissions
• Recommend, recruit and manage a team to help execute all of the above
First and foremost, successful candidates must be fits for our unique operating environment and culture: high-growth, innovative, lean, and values-driven. As such, successful candidates must be highly capable in each the following dimensions (among others): adaptability, curiosity, resourcefulness, analytical thinking/problem solving, proactivity, taking initiative, teamwork, thought leadership, credibility, and operating with/through a lean team (for people leaders: must be comfortable being a “player” and a “coach,” often in equal parts).
Successful candidates must also embody our Core Values:
• Committed: We love the company we’re building with undignified enthusiasm. We’re committed to our mission, our clients and our people. We celebrate our successes, learn from our failures and find opportunity in adversity.
• Fresh: We exist to inject new energy and new thinking into a precedent-bound profession. We combine innovation, personality and logic in a way that invigorates our clients and our colleagues.
• Irresistible: There’s a certain inevitability to Axiom and our business model, which makes it irresistible to clients. What’s more, we surround ourselves with talented people who have a contagious energy and incurable passion.
• Thoughtful: We pride ourselves on listening and relating to our colleagues and clients in a way that’s genuine, human and memorable. We take a consultative approach; work with our clients to help solve business problems. And we care about the little things.
Beyond these characteristics, here are the required skills, knowledge, capabilities, and education:
• 7+ years of experience in B2B communications roles
• Experience running communications through IPO, or other strategic corporate transaction
• A passion for people, communication, and storytelling
• An ability to adopt and write in a company’s unique Voice while finding creative ways to enhance it, reinterpreting it for situational impact
• A positive attitude
• The ability to take initiative and lead, even without structure or direction
• A diplomatic presence
• A backbone
• Thick skin and rigor – you can take candid feedback; you’re not undone in fact you learn from it
• A problem with settling for less-than-elegant writing
• A strong intellectual curiosity
• Bachelor’s degree required
Sound intriguing? Please send (1) a short statement of interest (in Axiom and the role) and (2) your resume/CV to [email protected]
Back to top