Client Finance Specialist
Axiom, a revolutionary in the global legal industry, is a recognized leader in the business of law. We're a new category of professional services firm that applies best practices from other industries to help General Counsel do legal work intelligently.
We are seeking a Client Finance Specialist to be based in our Chicago office.
The Client Finance Specialist will be responsible for managing business partnerships both within Axiom as well as with external stakeholders by way of billing and collections.
The Client Finance Specialist will play an integral role in providing finance support to our team and to improve billing and collections processes. This person will support various parts of the life cycle of an Axiom engagement. It is envisaged half the time will be spent on engagement management through billing with the remainder focusing on collections.
Specifically, this role will be responsible for:
Credit Control and Relationship Management:
• Work with sales team to set up engagements through ERP system
• Work closely with internal time approvers to generate customer invoices on a monthly cadence
• Deliver invoices via e-mail in addition to a variety of client assigned e-billing platforms
• Follow up with e-billing remittances and follow-up of invoices not submitted
• Prepare weekly billing updates
• Manage billing relationships with both internal sales team and external client
• Perform regular client outreach for collection on aged accounts
• Prepare weekly Accounts Receivable analysis for assigned business teams
• Assist with researching payments, short-pays, or other invoice problems
Our Ideal Candidate:
This position is for someone who is a motivated self-starter, responsive and on top of things, loves to connect with people, exhibits strong judgment and professionalism, and thrives in a fast-paced environment. Not only will you be afforded a high degree of independence, but also the opportunity to work with an amazing group of fun and talented people.
• Knowledge of billing procedures with experience in e-billing
• Accounts Receivable experience
• Strong skills in Microsoft Excel
• Strong organization skills, maintenance of detailed records, attention to detail and ability to juggle multiple tasks and responsibilities
• Ability to maintain professionalism with difficult conversations and experience in seeking out balanced solutions
• Experience in supporting client-facing team members and willingness to help identify and solve issues
• Excellent interpersonal skills and strong verbal and written skills
• Ability to work in dynamic, fast paced, fast growing company where adaptability is imperative
• Strong executive presence with ability to communicate at multiple levels of an organization
Who We Are
Axiom, a modern alternative to the traditional law firm, is the fastest growing provider of managed legal services to F500 companies. We're a new category of firm that applies best practices from other industries and a better business model to help clients do legal work intelligently. Our streamlined cost-structure and deep expertise in the business of law help General Counsel solve problems and manage their departments more effectively.
This position is will partner directly with our client facing business teams – a group of passionate people busily introducing fresh ideas to a tradition-bound profession. With over 1,500 people across 14 offices globally, Axiom works with nearly half of the Fortune 100. Axiom’s unique approach has been featured in the Wall Street Journal, Financial Times, and The Economist. For more information, visit www.axiomlaw.co.uk.
Axiom is incredibly selective in our hiring. Shortlisting for this vacancy will be completed on the basis of merit and candidates should tailor their CV’s to reflect our Essential and Desirable criteria.
Axiom is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workforce.
Back to top