Business Development Representative
Axiom is seeking a Business Development Representative as a critical member of our growing Midwestern sales team. Sitting in our Chicago office, a successful candidate will engage senior level legal executives to help initiate a consultative sales process focused on solving complex client problems. This is an opportunity to join a high-growth company with a fresh perspective on the business of law, while working in an entrepreneurial environment where strong performance can quickly lead to increased responsibility and rapid professional advancement.
Role Description and Impact
- Successfully diagnosing the client’s or target’s key priorities through prospecting and research to ensure a high quality of interaction in the first meeting with the prospective client
- Communicating the value of Axiom’s services to prospective clients in a thoughtful manner that drives interest in further conversations
- Drive new business opportunities through outbound phone calls and tailored emails to address prospective clients’ specific business and/or legal needs
- Engage with secondary points of contact in client organizations to help drive consensus-based decision making
- Partner with account managers and sales executives to: create customized outreach strategy, support sales cycle success, and schedule meetings with high-value client prospects
- Ensure data integrity in Axiom’s CRM system by capturing and auditing account details and contact information for clients and prospects
- Manage and respond to inbound requests from prospective or current clients.
- Recruit members to attend events, such as webinars or roundtable discussions to demonstrate the continued value of Axiom’s partnership.
Successful candidates must fit our unique operating environment and culture: high-growth, innovative, lean, and values-driven. As such, successful candidates must be highly capable in each the following dimensions: coachability, adaptability, curiosity, resourcefulness, analytical thinking/problem solving, taking initiative, teamwork, credibility, and operating with a lean team.
Required skills, knowledge, capabilities, and education:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Entry level or 1+ years of proven success in a sales environment preferred.
- Goal and action orientation, with a sense of urgency, drive, and commitment to meet monthly activity and goal metrics.
- Tenacity and resilience, with a will to keep going despite rejection.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, self-directed entrepreneurial environment.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Poise, confidence, and maturity to interact with executive-level clients.
Axiom, a recognized leader in the business of law, is a new category of professional services firm and the world's largest provider of tech-enabled legal, contracts, and compliance solutions for large enterprises. We’re comprised of over 2,000 passionate Axiomites who serve over half the Fortune 500 across 19 offices and 5 centers of excellence globally. www.AxiomLaw.com
The Financial Times ranked Axiom #1 in business of law, #1 in innovation in corporate strategy, and #1 in innovation in law firm efficiency, while The New York Times said Axiom is “rewriting the law firm business model.” Axiom CEO Mark Harris’ accolades include recognition by the Financial Times as a "top ten agent for change," by Forbes as a "name you need to know," by the National Law Journal as one of the 100 most influential lawyers, by the ABA as a "legal rebel," and by the Aspen Institute as a 2013 Henry Crown Fellow.
What Can Axiom Offer You?
We’re passionate about our company and get a true excitement from what we do. Why work with us? Just a few reasons:
- Axiom is a dynamic, emerging-growth company that continues to expand by 20-30% per year after 15 years in business.
- From professional services to SaaS solutions, we’re an award-winning innovator. Axiomites thrive on solving problems that have never been solved.
- We’re the market-leading disruptor within the world’s second largest services economy.
- Business is never “as usual” at Axiom. That kind of environment offers unparalleled opportunities for problem solving, leadership, and professional growth.
- On the job sales experience alongside experienced and top performing sales professional
- Competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), and paid time off.
- Ask any Axiomite “Why Axiom?” and their answer is guaranteed to include our people and values. Over 15 years, we’ve hired not only the industry’s most talented team, but a global family sharing fundamental values.
Sound intriguing? Please send (1) a short statement of interest (in Axiom and the role) and (2) your resume/CV below.
Back to top