Business Development Analyst
Axiom is seeking a Business Development Analyst to join our New York office
Axiom, a recognized leader in the business of law, is a new category of professional services firm and the world's largest provider of tech-enabled legal, contracts, and compliance solutions for large enterprises. We’re comprised of over 1,500 passionate Axiomites who serve over half the Fortune 100 across 16 offices and 5 centers of excellence globally (and counting). www.AxiomLaw.com
The Financial Times ranked Axiom #1 in business of law, #1 in innovation in corporate strategy and #1 in innovation in law firm efficiency, while The New York Times said Axiom is “rewriting the law firm business model.” In addition, Axiom CEO Mark Harris’ accolades include recognition by the Financial Times as a "top ten agent for change," by Forbes as a "name you need to know," by the National Law Journal as one of the 100 most influential lawyers, by the ABA as a "legal rebel" and by the Aspen Institute as a 2013 Henry Crown Fellow.
What’s the role?
Axiom is a dynamic company with a fresh perspective on the business of law and has experienced a huge amount of growth since its inception. As we continue our expansion, we’re looking for a team member who is able to share Axiom’s story with prospective clients with the goal of generating revenue-generating meeting opportunities for the sales team.
This is a position for someone who loves to connect with sophisticated stakeholders, exhibits outstanding judgment and professionalism, and thrives in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment within a close-knit team.
The role requires the confidence to contact experienced professionals and speak to them about what we do in a credible and compelling way so that Axiom may forge lasting relationships with exciting clients and realize more revenue-generating opportunities.
Specifically, this role will be responsible for:
External Commercial Activities
• Communicating Axiom’s business model to potential clients in an impactful way and demonstrating why a meeting with Axiom would be beneficial to their business
• Driving business through outbound phone calls, with an emphasis on attaining monthly meeting goals for Practice Management
• Preparing and sending strategic e-mails to prospective clients, specific to their business and/or legal needs, to generate interest in meeting with Axiom
• Successfully diagnosing the client’s key business needs, where possible, to ensure a high quality of interaction in the first meeting with the sales leader
• Seeking to engage with secondary points of contact in client organizations to help drive consensus-based decision making
• Supporting Sales in all aspects of the sales cycle, including scheduling follow-up meetings and managing the pipelines of completed meetings to ensure all prospective clients are being contacted throughout the year
Internal Commercial Activities
• Strategically identifying potential client contacts
• Generating leads and uncovering high-value opportunities
• Researching and gathering business intelligence about prospective clients
• Preparing materials for sales leaders to meet with prospective clients
• Working with local and central marketing teams to create external marketing materials to engage prospective clients
• Supporting the sales process by managing logistical elements of prospect tracking and pipeline management
First and foremost, successful candidates must be fits for our unique operating environment and culture: high-growth, innovative, lean, and values-driven. As such, successful candidates must be highly capable in each the following dimensions (among others): adaptability, curiosity, resourcefulness, analytical thinking/problem solving, proactivity, taking initiative, teamwork, thought leadership, credibility, and operating with/through a lean team.
In this role, we are looking for someone who is eager to gain experience in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment, exhibits outstanding judgment and professionalism, and has exceptional attention to detail.
Successful candidates must also embody our Core Values:
• Committed: We love the company we’re building with undignified enthusiasm. We’re committed to our mission, our clients and our people. We celebrate our successes, learn from our failures and find opportunity in adversity.
• Fresh: We exist to inject new energy and new thinking into a precedent-bound profession. We combine innovation, personality and logic in a way that invigorates our clients and our colleagues.
• Irresistible: There’s a certain inevitability to Axiom and our business model, which makes it irresistible to clients. What’s more, we surround ourselves with talented people who have a contagious energy and incurable passion.
• Thoughtful: We pride ourselves on listening and relating to our colleagues and clients in a way that’s genuine, human and memorable. We take a consultative approach; work with our clients to help solve business problems. And we care about the little things.
Beyond these characteristics, here are the required skills, knowledge, capabilities, and education:
• At least one year of inside sales experience in a fast-paced work environment
• Goal and action orientation, with a sense of urgency, drive, and commitment to routinely exceed monthly activity metrics
• Exemplary service ethic when contributing to individual and team goals
• Highly persuasive verbal communication skills with excellent written communication skills
• Poise, confidence, and maturity to interact with senior level clients
• Highly organized, acute attention to detail, and ability to operate in a high pressure, fast- paced environment
• Sense of urgency, hunger, and drive/commitment to exceed monthly meeting goals.
• Tenacity and resilience with a will to keep going despite rejections; high level of comfort and determination when dealing with challenging situations, i.e. dealing with objections from clients, overcoming those who look after diaries of legal counsel, and others who might be the first point of contact
• Forward-thinking and solutions-oriented approach at all times
• Strong MS office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) skills are required
• Bachelor’s degree required.
We’re passionate about our company; we get a nerdy excitement from what we do. Why work with us? Here are a few reasons:
• Growth: Dynamic, emerging-growth company that continues to expand by 20-30% per year even after 15 years in business. Innovation: From professional services to SaaS solutions, we’re an award-winning innovator. Axiomites thrive on solving problems that have never been solved.
• Opportunity: We’re the market-leading disruptor within the world’s second largest services economy.
• Development: Business is never “as usual” at Axiom. That kind of environment offers unparalleled opportunities for problem solving, leadership, and professional growth.
• People/Values: Ask any Axiomite “Why Axiom?” and their answer is guaranteed to include our people and values. Over 15 years, we’ve hired not only the industry’s most talented team, but a global family sharing fundamental values.
Sound intriguing? Please send (1) a short statement of interest (in Axiom and the role) and (2) your resume/CV.
Meet Some of Axiom's Employees
Director, East Coast Fulfillment
Matt's team are the matchmakers, tasked with connecting Axiom attorneys to the most suitable roles for their skills. Matt regularly collaborates with the Sales Teams to help fulfill their clients' most pressing needs.
Back to top