Attorney Development Talent Partner
Axiom is seeking an Attorney Talent Manager to join our Houston office.
Axiom is the leading provider of tech-enabled professional services to the largest companies in the world. With over 1,500 mission-obsessed Axiomites globally, we get a nerdy excitement for innovating the way that legal, compliance, and contracts work is done. Join our movement to vastly improve one of the world’s largest services economies. www.axiomlaw.com
The Attorney Development team in Houston is responsible for the onboarding, relationship management, performance management, and professional development among our attorneys across the central US region. The team is critical to strategically partnering with the sales team to ensure that the population and composition of the attorney population meets the demand from clients and enhances the quality of the attorney experience.
A critical member of that team, the Attorney Talent Partner is a committed talent partner who will shepherd Axiom attorneys throughout their Axiom career: from onboarding, to professional development, to community-building events, to performance management.
Specifically this role will be responsible for:
• Developing relationships with new and existing attorneys via consistent remote and in-person check-ins, post-hire, from tactical administrative facilitation to career pathing throughout the attorney’s Axiom career.
• Conducting regular check-ins with Axiom attorneys to gauge interest, performance and overall satisfaction in their work and their overall Axiom career, as well as to communicate regular performance feedback from clients.
• Partnering with other internal teams to strategize ways to re-engage attorneys in between engagements.
• Maintaining our database of attorneys, preparing weekly and monthly reports on various attorney engagement metrics, and ensuring data integrity across several internal HRIS and finance systems.
• Assembling client feedback and attorney compensation packages, writing debriefs, and assisting in preparing/delivering annual attorney performance reviews.
• Develop a deep understanding of the skills, practice areas and industry experience of Axiom lawyers, including becoming an authority on the state of the legal market.
• Work closely with Attorney Recruitment to calibrate client demand and lawyer hiring strategy;
• Assisting with strategic programming (such as facilitating professional development opportunities, planning and coordinating special events, executing local roll-out of global programs (mentorship, ambassadorship, professional education programs, etc.).
IDEAL CANDIDATE & REQUIREMENTS
Relevant skills and background are necessary, but successful Axiomites exhibit much more. In addition to the requirements listed below, ideal candidates must demonstrate a relentless service orientation, effortlessly form trusted-advisor relationships, be catalytic in their desire to improve the status quo, remain mission-focused and highly accountable at all times, and be able to operate effectively within a highly collaborative team environment.
• 4+ years professional experience (recruiting experience, human resources experience, or attorney development experience at a law firm preferred).
• Comfort in communicating with sophistication and confidence to an experienced attorney audience.
• High-impact presentation skills.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Meticulous attention to detail.
• Innate ability to build relationships.
• Strong initiative, multi-tasking, project management, and organizational skills.
• Strong time management, decision-making and problem solving skills.
• Highly proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite (specifically Excel and PowerPoint).
• Ability to operate well in both individual and team environments.
• Legally eligible to work in the United States.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• JD preferred.
THEY SAID IT
The Financial Times ranked Axiom #1 in business of law, #1 in innovation in corporate strategy and #1 in innovation in law firm efficiency, while The New York Times said Axiom is “rewriting the law firm business model.” In addition, Axiom CEO Mark Harris’ accolades include recognition by the Financial Times as a "top ten agent for change," by Forbes as a "name you need to know," by the National Law Journal as one of the 100 most influential lawyers, by the ABA as a "legal rebel" and by the Aspen Institute as a 2013 Henry Crown Fellow.
Meet Some of Axiom's Employees
Noraan is on the Financial Services Team, the point person for financial institutions Axiom serves. She acts as a trusted advisor to clients, identifying the right solutions for their goals.
Back to top