Axiom is seeking an Account Manager to join our sales team based in the London office.
The London sales team is responsible for solving critical business problems in the legal departments of some of the world’s largest companies through two main forms of engagement:
Axiom Lawyers enable General Counsel to reduce their reliance on traditional law firms and to manage spikes in workflow that exceed the capacity of their in-house teams. These engagements range from part to full time, remote to onsite.
There are more than 1000 Axiom Lawyers providing insourcing services across the world. Experienced, credentialed Lawyers join Axiom for a number of reasons, including (i) an “in-house” practice that is more integrated with clients than traditional law firms; (ii) a wide variety of industries and clients; (iii) control of the type of work they do; and (iv) no required “book of business.” In 2015 Axiom hired more Lawyers than any other traditional or non-traditional provider of legal services.
Axiom’s Managed Projects business combines real process disciplines with smart technology and tools—applied end to end throughout a project— to review commercial contracts in connection with corporate transactions and regulatory events. Axiom was recognized by a leading trade association, the Association of Corporate Counsel, for its innovative and cost-effective approach to these projects.
A critical member of that team, the Account Manager is a truly rare opportunity for an entrepreneurial, innovative, and highly consultative sales manager who’s eager to help evolve the landscape of an entire industry. This is a significant business owner role within a high-performing, high-growth London office. You will be afforded a high degree of accountability and ownership over a portfolio of Fortune 500 and industry leading clients, driving everything from new client development, to account growth (including cross selling). Axiom is never “business as usual.” We’re dynamic and lean; our positions are multi-faceted. This gives the person in this role the unique and compelling opportunity to develop strategic, operational, and management skills outside of day-to-day sales as well.
Specifically, this role will:
• Lead sales and client development efforts with current and prospective clients to achieve annual double digit revenue growth.
• Identifying new areas of opportunity with new and existing clients.
• Execute the growth plan for a practice industry vertical – Financial Services.
• Make business decisions affecting the practice
• Personally define the client experience by building durable relationships, inspiring trust, and thought-leading with innovative solutions.
• Keep a constant and strategic lens on Lawyer supply. Attract, retain, and build trust with a community of top-tier Lawyers in the London region.
• Operate within a collaborative environment with highly motivated teammates and interact with many other parts of the business.
• Thrive in a fast-paced environment and be comfortable being accountable for decision making.
First and foremost, successful candidates must be a fit for our unique operating environment and culture: high-growth, innovative, lean, and values-driven. As such, successful candidates must be highly capable in each the following dimensions (among others): adaptability, curiosity, resourcefulness, analytical thinking/problem solving, proactivity, taking initiative, teamwork, thought leadership, credibility, and operating with/through a lean team (for people leaders: must be comfortable being a “player” and a “coach,” often in equal parts).
Successful candidates must also embody our Core Values:
• Committed: We love the company we’re building with undignified enthusiasm. We’re committed to our mission, our clients and our people. We celebrate our successes, learn from our failures and find opportunity in adversity.
• Fresh: We exist to inject new energy and new thinking into a precedent-bound profession. We combine innovation, personality and logic in a way that invigorates our clients and our colleagues.
• Irresistible: There’s a certain inevitability to Axiom and our business model, which makes it irresistible to clients. What’s more, we surround ourselves with talented people who have a contagious energy and incurable passion.
• Thoughtful: We pride ourselves on listening and relating to our colleagues and clients in a way that’s genuine, human and memorable. We take a consultative approach; work with our clients to help solve business problems. And we care about the little things.
Beyond these characteristics, here are the required skills, knowledge, capabilities, and education:
• Bachelor’s degree from a top-tier university required.
• A minimum of 3 years of client development/sales experience in a professional services environment. This includes a proven track record selling b2b solutions/services to senior decision makers.
• Knowledge of consultative solution selling.
• Keen ability to build laterally and nurture client relationships.
• Significant project management experience and meticulous attention to detail skills.
• Superb time management, judgment, decision-making, and problem solving skills.
• Thrives in both individual and collarative team environments.
• Expert high-impact communication and presentation skills.
• Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite (including PowerPoint).
• Organizational fit for the Axiom culture, that is, exhibits the core values of Irresistible, Fresh, Committed, and Thoughtful.
• Legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located.
o Experience owning and growing a P&L of £2M++.
Meet Some of Axiom's Employees
Noraan is on the Financial Services Team, the point person for financial institutions Axiom serves. She acts as a trusted advisor to clients, identifying the right solutions for their goals.
Back to top