Axiom is seeking an Account Manager to join our New York office.
Axiom is the leading provider of tech-enabled professional services to the largest companies in the world. With over 1,500 mission-obsessed Axiomites globally, we get a nerdy excitement for innovating the way that legal, compliance, and contracts work is done. Join our movement to vastly improve one of the world’s largest services economies. www.axiomlaw.com
A critical member of that team, the Account Manager is a truly rare opportunity for an entrepreneurial, innovative, and highly consultative account manager who’s eager to help evolve the landscape of an entire industry. This is a significant business owner role within a high-performing, high-growth East Coast region and New York office. You will be afforded a high degree of accountability and ownership over a portfolio of F1000 and industry leading clients focusing on account growth (including cross selling). Axiom is never “business as usual.” We’re dynamic and lean; our positions are multi-faceted. This gives the person in this role the unique and compelling opportunity to develop strategic, operational, and management skills outside of day-to-day sales as well.
Specifically this role will be responsible for:
• Help develop, plan and execute the strategy for managing and expanding key account relationships
• Conduct research into target industries and accounts, with an eye for identifying commercial opportunities
• Support the creation of analytically sophisticated and compelling sales and account review materials to present to senior executives
• Coordinate networks of internal and external stakeholders, including across departments and levels of seniority
• Attend client meetings, diagnosing clients’ key business needs, and taking responsibility for ongoing client relationship management and growth on existing relationship
IDEAL CANDIDATE & REQUIREMENTS
Relevant skills and background are necessary, but successful Axiomites exhibit much more. In addition to the requirements listed below, ideal candidates must demonstrate a relentless service orientation, effortlessly form trusted-advisor relationships, be catalytic in their desire to improve the status quo, remain mission-focused and highly accountable at all times, and be able to operate effectively within a highly collaborative team environment.
• 3-5+ years of account management and / or client development/sales experience in a professional services environment. This includes a proven track record selling b2b solutions/services to sophisticated, senior decision makers and / or managing the solutions/services and growing existing accounts.
• Knowledge of consultative solution and service-based sales.
• Experience and interest providing white-glove client-service.
• Experience and / or interest in servicing global investment banking clients
• Keen ability to build laterally and nurture peer-like client relationships.
• Significant project management experience and meticulous attention to detail skills.
• Expert high-impact communication and presentation skills.
• Execute the growth plan for a practice industry “vertical.”
• Collaborate with attorney recruitment team to attract, retain, and build trust with a community of top-tier attorneys in the New York area.
• Operate within a collaborative environment with highly motivated teammates and interact with many other parts of the business.
• Thrive in a fast-paced environment and be comfortable being accountable for decision making.
• Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite (including PowerPoint).
• Organizational fit for the Axiom culture, that is, exhibits the core values of Irresistible, Fresh, Committed, and Thoughtful.
• Legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located.
THEY SAID IT
The Financial Times ranked Axiom #1 in business of law, #1 in innovation in corporate strategy and #1 in innovation in law firm efficiency, while The New York Times said Axiom is “rewriting the law firm business model.” In addition, Axiom CEO Mark Harris’ accolades include recognition by the Financial Times as a "top ten agent for change," by Forbes as a "name you need to know," by the National Law Journal as one of the 100 most influential lawyers, by the ABA as a "legal rebel" and by the Aspen Institute as a 2013 Henry Crown Fellow.
Meet Some of Axiom's Employees
Noraan is on the Financial Services Team, the point person for financial institutions Axiom serves. She acts as a trusted advisor to clients, identifying the right solutions for their goals.
Back to top