Axial (www.axial.net) is building the online capital market for private companies - connecting those companies to the capital they need to succeed. CEOs and transaction professionals join Axial to access advice and capital, build relationships, and exchange opportunities that help them and their organizations grow. Axial is the largest network on the internet for professionals who run, advise, and finance private companies.
As an Engineer at Axial, you will build amazing web and mobile products using the Pyramid web application framework, Python, Kafka, AngularJS, Ionic, Sass, and PostgreSQL. You will work on the same team as Product Managers, UX Designers, and Reliability Engineers who specify, design, and test the products and business improvement solutions you create.
The Problems You’ll Solve
You’ll solve difficult technical problems so our Members don’t have to. Some of our biggest challenges right now are:
- Going Reactive. We’re building a reactive system with the tenets that the system should be responsive, resilient, elastic, and message driven. You will be building highly testable services that follow the above requirements.
- Search. Search connects entrepreneurs and their advisors with capital and services. By constantly improving search and by innovating on top of the latest techniques including AI and machine learning, we help our Members:
- secure the capital needed to finance or sell their business
- connect and build relationships
- constantly improve relevancy
- Modernize. Our members expect Axial to work equally well on their desktop, tablet, and mobile devices. We obsess over our members and we’re committed to modernizing our platform to exceed the demands of our members.
- Go SOA. We believe our data is our business, and we believe that modular interfaces making use of decoupled data services give us the maximum flexibility and utility.
The Axial Corps of Engineers
We’re a team of highly talented, ambitious, and tenacious Engineers dedicated to achieving excellence in every aspect and level of our system. In pursuit of excellence, we foster a strong community where productive collaboration and an ecosystem built on fundamental values and principles cause us to push each other far beyond what we’d be able to achieve individually or in a different environment.
- We’re intellectually curious, humble, and discerning
- We find beauty in and are passionate about well engineered code
- Simplicity and flexibility are our guide
- We minimize bureaucracy and are allergic to office politics
- We keep connected to the NYC Engineering and startup communities to share our passion and to ensure we don’t become insulated in our perspective
You’re an ideal candidate if you ...
- communicate and collaborate well
- are a seasoned Software expert
- have designed and implemented distributed HTTP data services
- have built beautiful, contemporary web based user interfaces
- have extensive SQL experience
- have worked with git and other open source development tools
- are experienced working with and managing a Unix system
The benefits of being an Axialite ...
- competitive salary and equity
- education stipend
- we buy you all the best tools and books you need
- conveniently located, beautiful Flatiron office (near 4/5/6/N/R/Q/L/F)
- snacks and weekly catered lunches
- gym subsidy
- bike friendly
Back to top