Axial’s mission is to democratize how small and mid-sized businesses find capital or buyers for their businesses. We run a multi-sided marketplace serving thousands of business owners, advisors, investors and buyers. In 2016, 7,000 companies came looking for capital partners, leading to over 43,000 connections with interested parties. While we are venture-backed and the leader in our field, we still are very much a startup and look for people hungry to make a direct impact.
Software Engineer at Axial
The Engineering team at Axial is committed to building a robust marketplace application with cutting-edge technology. As a software engineer at Axial, you will team up with Product Managers, UX Designers, QA and the Devops team to iterate on various on-going projects. Your ideas will be heard as our software engineers drive technical directions. We are a tight group that acknowledges each others’ hard work while holding the team accountable.
The Problems You’ll Solve
Engineers at Axial face challenges heads on and solve difficult technical problems. What you will be working on:
- Frontend - building reusable angular2 components
- Backend - developing restful endpoints and microservices in python
- Match Engine - implementing modifications and improvements to our core feature
- R&D - participating in research areas, such as machine learning, for improvements and new features
You’re an ideal candidate if you ...
- Have at least 3 years of experience working in a real production environment shipping code to customers
- Are intellectually curious, humble, and discerning
- Communicate effectively and collaborate well
- Have built web components (angular2 a plus)
- Have built a restful api (python a plus)
- Have strong knowledge in sql and postgres
- Are not afraid of git and command line
- Want to work in New York City or are experienced working remotely from 1 or 2 time zones away
Meet Some of Axial's Employees
Member Success Manager
It's Caitlin's responsibility to guide clients through investment banking and inbound marketing deals. She communicates clients' needs across Axial Teams to match members with the best investors.
Back to top