Sales Operations Manager
The ideal candidate is experienced establishing key SaaS sales and revenue operations process and policies that balance both the needs of the company and Sales efficiency, while interfacing with leadership to ensure tight business controls, accurate reporting and communication on progress. You are able to demonstrate experience driving results through process development, analytics and ownership of key process and projects. You will collaborate extensively with others across Revenue Operations, Sales, Customer Success Operations, Demand Generation, and Finance to influence, educate on, develop, and be the ambassador for key operational process/policy. You are skilled at translating “operations speak” to key stakeholders, especially to new business revenue team and will be a key strategic partner for the head of Sales.
Leverage detailed SaaS sales operational knowledge to partner cross-functionally and develop/refine process & policy that balances needs of each team, the customer and the business, and Axial to accomplish key goals, including:
- Quote-to-Cash Optimization
- Review and streamline Contract to Cash processes for efficiency, accuracy & business compliance, including automating quote to contract workflow through Salesforce & Zuora, partner with Finance to further streamline for billing operations efficiency, and month-end reconciliation including: employee workflow efficiency, contract administration, deal desk/exception approvals, internal system updates, and billing troubleshooting/reconciliation
- Analysis and Reporting
- Support reporting and revenue planning needs for the team; Drive the development of reporting capabilities by building dashboards and other summaries for management; manage KPIs, communicate results and insightful metrics in a timely manner for key processes such as sales territory design, goal/quota setting & measurement, annual budget-setting process, commission modeling and ongoing variable compensation calculation
- Collaborate with FP&A to analyze forecast versus actual revenue, deferred revenue, commissions and deferred commissions
- Strategy, Enablement & Process:
- Partner with customer success and Sales leadership to review & optimize the sales cycle from lead to opportunity to live account to renewal, including experience overhauling sales stages (align to customer buying experience), streamline with Demand Gen funnel through to Sales Development Rep qualification, all the way through to hand-off to Customer/Member success.
- Support teams to review existing manual processes and explore ways to leverage automation and offshore resources to focus internal staff on highest-value activities, without compromising quality results.
- Partner closely with the business tools administrator/developer (SFDC, Gainsight, etc.) to aggressively drive process automation for efficiency gains; Define detailed business requirements for tool enhancements to scale for key processes.
- Partner to develop training for selling teams when onboarding, or roll out of new process, tools, etc.
- Provide thought leadership in strategic sales and operations practices to the team
- Partner with sales marketing to provide insight, materials (PPT, collateral, e.g.) and other tactical support to the sellers at all stages of the sales process
- Five to seven year’s business operations experience (with experience in SaaS, and ideal to have understanding of Capital Markets)
- Experience working with and operationalizing Sales Development processes
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Proven ability to multi-task & work under pressure, understand internal and external customer needs, and think critically/solve problems in a fast-paced, rapidly growing company
- Able to think strategically, analytically and operationally about the business and translate complex business issues into structured frameworks, processes, and solutions
- Ability to communicate complex analytics in a structured and clear manner to all stakeholders
- Strong ability to influence others, with exceptional communication skills
- Proficient working with business software (specifically Google Drive, Docs, Sheets and CRM systems like Salesforce.com, revenue system: Zuora; helpful to have exposure to customer success/engagement systems: e.g. Gainsight, Salesforce Service Cloud, ZenDesk, etc., familiarity with Analytics/BI tools: Tableau, Excel); Strong excel and modeling skills (pivot tables, vlookups, etc.) and systems skills
- Able to demonstrate deep organizational and project management abilities, with a proven track record managing multiple projects and tasks simultaneously to successful completion
Back to top