Axial (www.axial.net) is building the online capital market for private companies. In other words, we help mid-sized companies raise equity and debt to grow their businesses, and we make it easier for entrepreneurs to sell their businesses, earning rewards for years of hard work. Every week, over 200 private companies use Axial to passively explore or actively pursue a financial transaction for the next stage of their business.
As a Product Designer for Axial, you will be a driving force in creating a world-class user experience for Axial’s customers. By working closely with Axial’s engineers, product managers, and fellow designers during all stages of the product development cycle, you will lead efforts to collect and interpret customer insights and needs to inspire and inform product design decisions. Your focus will be to shape the “how, why and when” customers use our product.
Axial is looking for a critical thinker with a strong design sense and an affinity towards customer-centric product experiences. Our kind of designer has strong attention to detail, an understanding of the software creation process, and a natural feel for when a design problem needs a quick sketch versus a deep dive. We also look for designers who are comfortable with a “rough draft” culture where we share work early and often.
- User Research & Discovery - Identify and develop a deep understanding of the needs of our customer base. Use this knowledge to directly work with product managers to develop first-class features and interfaces that create and improve upon the value of our products.
- Concepting & Prototyping - Develop sketches, wireframes, mockups, and functional prototypes to effectively communicate and validate interactions and design ideas.
- Usability Testing & Validation - Engage directly with customers to test design ideas and solutions.
- Visual & Interaction Design - At the right point in time, create engineering-ready designs with all necessary assets to ensure shared understanding of the details.
- Collaborative approach - Collaborate with fellow designers, product managers, engineers, data analysts, and customers to prioritize, design, launch, test, and iterate on Axial’s products.
- Leadership - Provide thought leadership on advancing the value and usability of new and existing products and the overall customer experience.
- BA/BS degree in Interaction Design, Human Computer Interaction, Information Systems Design, or other digital design or related field
- 3+ years of relevant work experience (and demonstrable portfolio) designing B2B mobile and web-based applications in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Demonstrated understanding of design principles, visual / interaction design, hierarchy and typography
- Experience (and motivation) designing and executing user tests and usability studies to direct product designs and priorities, and gathering feedback
- Experience with UX design tools (tools we use include Sketch, InVision among others)
- Strong belief in simple, clean, and detail oriented visual design
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and teamwork skills
Back to top