Axial (www.axial.net) is building the online capital market for private companies. In other words, we help mid-sized companies raise equity and debt to grow their businesses, and we make it easier for entrepreneurs to sell their businesses, earning rewards for years of hard work.
At Axial, we are trying to solve a really hard problem. As a Product Designer for Axial, you will be a driving force in creating a world-class user experience for Axial’s customers. You will represent design on a cross-functional team consisting of a product manager and multiple software engineers. You will be involved at all stages of the product development cycle, across research, experiments, UX and feature design, prioritization, shipping code, and measuring outcomes.
You should be hungry to tackle hard design problems that require understanding the customer really well. You should have a keen interest in interaction design, systems thinking, and understanding the nuances of complex workflows. You should be fearless about talking directly with customers and challenging your own knowledge and assumptions. You should be comfortable sketching and working in a “rough draft culture” where we share early and often.
- User Research & Discovery - Identify and develop a deep understanding of the needs of our customer base. Use this knowledge to directly work with product managers to develop first-class features and interfaces that create and improve upon the value of our products.
- Concepting & Prototyping - Develop sketches, wireframes, mockups, and functional prototypes to effectively communicate and validate interactions and design ideas.
- Usability Testing & Validation - Engage directly with customers to test design ideas and solutions.
- Visual & Interaction Design - At the right point in time, create engineering-ready designs with all necessary assets to ensure shared understanding of the details.
- Collaborative approach - Collaborate with fellow designers, product managers, engineers, data analysts, and customers to prioritize, design, launch, test, and iterate on Axial’s products. We also run design studios and feedback sessions across the entire company.
- Leadership - Provide thought leadership on advancing the value and usability of new and existing products and the overall customer experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant design/UX work experience (and demonstrable portfolio) designing B2B mobile and web-based applications in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- Experience building tools or workflow applications, and extra credit if you’ve dealt with the challenges of multi-sided marketplaces
- Demonstrated understanding of design principles, visual / interaction design, hierarchy and typography
- Experience (and motivation) designing and executing user tests and usability studies to direct product designs and priorities, and gathering feedback
- Experience with UX design tools (tools we use include Sketch, InVision among others)
- Strong belief in simple, clean, and detail oriented visual design
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and teamwork skills
Meet Some of Axial's Employees
Member Success Manager
It's Caitlin's responsibility to guide clients through investment banking and inbound marketing deals. She communicates clients' needs across Axial Teams to match members with the best investors.
Back to top