Axial’s mission is to democratize how small and mid-sized businesses find capital or buyers for their businesses. We run a multi-sided marketplace serving thousands of business owners, advisors, investors and buyers. In 2016, 7,000 companies came looking for capital partners, leading to over 43,000 connections with interested parties. While we are venture-backed and the leader in our field, we still are very much a startup and look for people hungry to make a direct impact.
First and foremost this is an operations role with direct accountability for creating a highly productive environment where Axialites can do exceptional work. This role requires that you are adept and comfortable multi-tasking and context shifting as you work throughout the day. You will be accountable to cover a variety of tasks from administrative and tactical to complex longer term projects all of which must be envisioned, constructed and executed through the lens of Axial’s Culture and Values. Second and equally as important you will quickly become a trusted internal resource for the organization and play a critical role in evolving and sustaining an amazing candidate and employee experience through the same lens of Axial’s Culture and Values.
- Office Logistics
- Monitoring and ordering supplies needed to support daily business and facility needs
- Responsible for overseeing the coordination of the cleaning, maintenance and upkeep of the office environment
- Responsible for coordinating with the building staff to ensure all issues are quickly identified and resolved
- Own, coordinate and execute all employee events such as weekly lunches, quarterly happy hours, annual all-company events and various ad-hoc activities.
- Responsible for managing key People-related updates at the weekly All Company updates
- Occasional support for external Axial member facing events
- Corporate Admin Support
- Provide support for the executive team on an as needed basis
- Key point of contact for our corporate travel vendor
- Coordinate with and support the Finance team for invoices, billing and details related to the People function and the office environment.
- Assist with administrative tasks related to People Operations such as onboarding, offboarding, etc.
- Human Resources and Recruiting Support
- Key point of contact with our HR Service provider for employee related issues
- Administrative point of contact for internal changes including new hires, changes and exits
- Candidate experience owner, coordinating with hiring managers to facilitate scheduling and candidate coordination for interviews
- Technology Support
- Comfortable functioning as the “Admin” and “Light Tier 1” support for various platforms, ensuring that onboarding and offboarding are done on time and with accuracy
- Coordinate around deeper technical issues with our IT support and vendors
- Overall champion of Axial with a demonstrated ability to creatively construct and execute specific activities while creating and sustaining an overall environment that authentically represents our Culture and Values.
- Owning the work environment and fostering a “composed intensity” during work hours and a fun relaxing environment after hours
- Coordinating interviews with all the hiring managers in the organization with perfect detail execution
- Assisting with all client and investor-related events and functions hosted at our offices
- Expenses related to the People function and facilities are within budget
- Proactively creating new ways of expressing our culture and values and keeping things interesting and fresh
- A recognized go-to person across the organization
Experience & Attributes
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 2 years of office management experience (in a fast-paced organization is a plus)
- Extremely trustworthy and a demonstrated ability to know but not disclose sensitive information
- Meticulous attention to detail and committed to taking ownership of the role and creating a fun and productive working environment
- Frugal and tough-minded but a pleasure to be with
- Ability to do many things well and fast
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Naturally skilled in planning, organization and logistics
- Computer literacy and ability to handle administrative access rights for various software platforms such as Office 365, Google Suite, etc.
- Experience negotiating effectively with and managing vendor relationships within budget
- Goal and impact oriented, self-motivated, creative, flexible and adaptable to new situations
- Ability to think strategically in a fast-paced environment while prioritizing to meet deadlines
- Experience with Applicant Tracking Systems, preferably Greenhouse
- Positive (glass half-full) attitude
- Ambassador for all things fun!
Meet Some of Axial's Employees
Member Success Manager
It's Caitlin's responsibility to guide clients through investment banking and inbound marketing deals. She communicates clients' needs across Axial Teams to match members with the best investors.
Back to top