Finance and Accounting Analyst
Axial (www.axial.net) is building the online capital market for private companies. In other words, we help mid-sized companies raise equity and debt to grow their businesses, and we make it easier for entrepreneurs to sell their businesses, earning rewards for years of hard work. Every week, over 200 private companies use Axial to passively explore or actively pursue a financial transaction for the next stage of their business.
The Finance and Accounting Analyst provides assistance with and facilitates a variety of critical functions that impact the accounting and finance functions of the organization. This role will report to the Controller, and provide exposure to multiple departments within a growing organization.
Accounting Job Functions
- Ensure cash transactions are recorded in the ledger and perform all cash reconciliations.
- Maintain fixed asset, prepaid expense, and accrued expense subledgers and record journal entries.
- Record AP transactions, including employee expense reimbursement.
- Assist with expense and bill pay related procedures, ensuring payments have been approved by the appropriate manager, and obtaining appropriate signatures.
- Provide general assistance and support for the Controller as needed, including ad-hoc information requests from department heads, external auditors, and investors..
Finance Job Functions:
- Be day-to-day owner of billing processes; maintain customer contact, billing, and payment information in Zuora (cloud-based billing software).
- Customer outreach to confirm contract details/collect payment on an as needed basis.
- Work closely with Revenue Operations team to scale billing and quote to cash processes.
- Provide general assistance and support for the Vice President of Finance as needed, including customer segmentation and financial analysis.
- Strong computer aptitude and proficiency with Microsoft Office, with especially strong Excel skills.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience (including internships) in a fast paced environment
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting
- Knowledge of GAAP and SaaS revenue models, a plus.
- Experience using Zuora (billing system) and Quickbooks Online (ledger) a plus.
- CPA or CPA track a definite plus
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with superior attention to detail. Ability to organize and work with large amounts of complex information.
- Outgoing personality and ability to establish rapport and work efficiently with multiple personalities.
- Strong communication skills with ability to present analysis and findings in both verbal and written formats.
- Self-directed, trustworthy, motivated, always organized.
- Must have a positive attitude and be willing to learn or take on additional tasks as needed.
Meet Some of Axial's Employees
Member Success Manager
It's Caitlin's responsibility to guide clients through investment banking and inbound marketing deals. She communicates clients' needs across Axial Teams to match members with the best investors.
Back to top