Director of Marketing
Axial is the deal network for the middle market. We help private mid-sized companies and their investment bankers raise capital or sell their business by connecting them to buyers, investors, and lenders through a private online platform. In 2016, nearly 7,000 deals were privately marketed on Axial, leading to over $7 billion in closed transactions. We are based in New York and backed by First Round, Redpoint Ventures, Comcast Ventures, Edison Partners and GLG.
You will be responsible for defining and executing marketing strategies to drive awareness and demand to investment firms, corporate acquirers, investment bankers, entrepreneurs, and family-owned businesses. You will lead a team of program managers while devising and executing product marketing and sales support disciplines, programs and tools that ensure sales rep productivity and pipeline acceleration. You will be an outstanding communicator, cross-organizational team player, creative thinker and writer, and possess strong analytical skills.
This position is both strategic and operational. You will create and promote thought leadership in middle market capital markets, as well as use data to define opportunities, develop competitive insights, and generate and advance sales pipeline demand. This role will be influential across all departments in the company.
This Director of Marketing role will have a wide range of responsibilities such as market analysis, strategy, customer research, solution definition, positioning, competitive analysis, communication, packaging and promotion of key products and solutions being undertaken by the business.
- Positioning: develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates Axial products in the market. Plan and drive all go-to-market positioning and packaging for new and enhanced products.
- Product: work closely with product management and engineering teams to distill key functionality and benefits into core product marketing messages; identify, prioritize and launch product modifications/ additions to improve customer satisfaction, revenue and retention.
- Launches: plan the launch of new products and releases and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Sales Enablement: communicate the value proposition and develop the tools/collateral for the sales teams on both the supply and demand sides of our network (including demos, sales presentations & training, FAQs, one sheets, and other product collateral as needed).
- Demand & Supply Generation: oversee and collaborate with dedicated demand and supply generation colleagues to develop the strategy and manage the marketing programs that drive demand for our products.
- Market Intelligence: become an expert on our different member types, their goals and activities; undertake primary research in the market; become an expert on our competition and how we differentiate in meaningful ways; collect, analyze and distribute customer & competitive intelligence.
- Evangelism: grow Axial reputation as a thought leader with possible tactics including by-line articles, blogging, social media presence, speaking engagements, user groups, etc.
- 10+ years marketing and product experience, primarily in product marketing and ideally within the capital markets industry.
- At least 3 years management experience, hiring, organizing, motivating and managing a team
- Demonstrated track record of excellence in both product and solutions marketing, and in crafting compelling positioning and thought leadership content.
- Proven creative thinker that can generate and execute on breakout marketing ideas.
- Proven track record in performing well in a fast-paced environment, and the organizational skills needed to execute and manage multiple projects with tight deadlines.
- Command of B2B marketing disciplines from marketing communications and demand generation to product marketing and customer marketing
- Strong understanding of technology, product development, and innovation.
Meet Some of Axial's Employees
Member Success Manager
It's Caitlin's responsibility to guide clients through investment banking and inbound marketing deals. She communicates clients' needs across Axial Teams to match members with the best investors.
Back to top