Axial (www.axial.net) is building the online capital market for private companies. In other words, we help mid-sized companies raise equity and debt to grow their businesses, and we make it easier for entrepreneurs to sell their businesses, earning rewards for years of hard work. Every week, over 200 private companies use Axial to passively explore or actively pursue a financial transaction for the next stage of their business.
We are looking for a highly motivated and intellectually curious Data Analyst to join the Axial Data Team. As part of a team of data engineers, data scientists and analysts, you will be responsible for turning our data assets into valuable insights, for both business intelligence as well as product development.
You will develop models that inform strategic decision-making at the executive level, research relationships between our data and other publicly available data sets, and evangelize proper use of data and analysis across the organization. You will also build dashboards for tracking important metrics and reports to present your research.
Through your work, you will gain first-hand experience in doing ad-hoc analysis on structured and unstructured data, master SQL and efficiently query tables with hundreds of millions of records, learn about the nuances of data visualization and get a front-row seat to seeing how data can be used to spearhead new initiatives.
You will fit the role perfectly if you:
- Understand that asking the right questions is often half the battle
- Believe that data is more than just rows of text and numbers and can draw the line between data and business priorities and outcomes
- Subscribe to the notion that, when used appropriately, data can improve decision making
- Are a natural skeptic and don’t accept data at face value
- Are passionate about data quality
- Are allergic to data without context and yearn to find the most meaningful insights
- Know that not all analysis will lead to spectacular findings, but do it anyway
- Build processes to never repeat a tedious task
- B.S. / B.A. in Economics, Mathematics, Statistics or similar field from a premier school
- At least 2 years of experience in an analytical role
- Basic knowledge of SQL and querying relational databases
- Proficiency in using Excel or some other data manipulation tool
- Solid understanding of basic statistical concepts (e.g. mean/median, variance, distributions, quantiles etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Authorization (non-sponsorship based) to work for any employer in the United States
Additional qualifications (preferred, but not required):
- Experience in a FinTech startup, as an Analyst at an Investment Bank or in Management Consulting
- Experience with R/Python for data analysis and visualization
- Prior experience working on data-heavy research projects or papers
Back to top