Customer Success Operations Manager
The ideal candidate is a champion of the customer experience throughout the full customer lifecycle. You have experience working in and/or developing operations for both high-touch, white-glove professional services offerings, and driving operational excellence for scaled, self-service customer success.
You have deep customer success subject matter expertise and experience developing process, playbooks and leveraging tools to support a team working to deliver the best customer experience, and achieve positive customer outcomes, while maintaining and growing revenue. You can translate “operations speak” to key stakeholders and are experienced establishing key operational process and policies that balance the needs of the customer, the company and staff efficiency. You have demonstrated ability to interface/influence cross-functionally, and at all employee levels. You will be a key partner to Axial’s head of Member Success/Professional Services, and share responsibility for Axial’s overall customer success.
Leverage detailed operational knowledge to partner with internal teams (Sales, Customer/Member Success, Professional Services, Product and Finance) to develop/refine process & policy that balances needs of each team, the customer and the business, and Axial to accomplish key Customer Success goals:
- Customer/Member Success Enablement:
- Develop and drive key process changes through effective change management practices, explore ways to leverage automation and offshore resources to focus internal staff on highest-value activities, without compromising quality results.
- Ongoing employee training on existing and new process, soft-skills
- Tools/Systems – Define detailed business requirements for tool enhancements to drive productivity and scale for key processes. Evaluate and make tool selection recommendations. Establish process to ensure adoption and enablement at scale (customer engagement, case management, knowledge sharing (internal and external), ongoing analytics, reporting and KPI monitoring, community management).
- Strategy/Planning: Develop key process/structures/playbooks to support:
- Customer segmentation, customer engagement models, mapping a customer lifecycle journey
- Customer/Member Engagement Process – differentiate the key lifecycle stages for each customer type – from onboarding through their ongoing engagement, “renewal”; document best practices for each phase – drive optimal adoption and customer satisfaction
- Employee compensation structures to drive right behaviors, and balancing employee motivation with Axial goals
- Reporting, Metrics & Analysis: work with leadership to develop Customer/Member success KPI metrics, reporting and dashboards that monitor strategic goal attainment (e.g. revenue Forecasting, Churn Analysis/remediation planning, upsell opportunity management; Establish methods to monitor supply/demand balance, etc.)
- Develop repeatable outward facing updates on Customer and Customer experience (e.g. leadership reporting, ongoing board reporting, KPI monitoring)
- Five to seven years directly related customer success experience (preferably in some aspect of financial services)
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Proficient working with business software (specifically Google Drive, Docs, Sheets and CRM systems like Salesforce.com, customer success/engagement systems: e.g. Gainsight, Salesforce Service Cloud, ZenDesk, etc., familiarity with Analytics/BI tools: Tableau, Excel)
- Proven ability to multi-task & work under pressure, understand internal and external customer needs, and think critically/solve problems in a fast-paced company
- Able to think strategically, analytically and operationally about the business and translate complex business issues into structured frameworks, processes, and solutions
- Organizational and project management abilities, with a proven track record of being able to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously to successful completion
- Strong ability to influence others, with exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to understand and assess the needs of the organization and customer success operations. Able to work with, and effectively communicate with different personalities at all levels within the organization
Back to top