Axial connects private companies and their M&A advisors to capital partners through a private online business development platform. 11,000+ firms use Axial’s real-time network to find and be found by actionable M&A and growth financing deals. In 2016, Axial’s CEO and investment banking members utilized the platform to facilitate the close of 647 lower middle market debt, equity and M&A transactions.
An Account Executive is responsible for identifying and recruiting new private equity firms, lenders and corporate acquirers onto Axial’s Network. Account Executives are highly effective communicators and able to correspond with senior level executives at various types of large, medium, and small firms.
While most of our outbound efforts are via phone, we also spend a fair amount of time at conferences, events, and the home offices of prospective Members. We are passionate about finding unique solutions to help M&A advisors and investors bridge relationship gaps in their respective networks.
As an Account Executive, your day will be composed of three primary activities. First is prospecting and engaging in new conversations with firms that do not yet participate in the Axial Network. Second is managing an active sales pipeline of up to 30 prospective Members. Third is providing new Members with a smooth and value-added transition to our Account Management Team.
You will achieve success by generating high levels of new conversations, discovering core value propositions for different types of firms, and demonstrating how these firms can reach their goals faster by engaging other deal professionals via the Axial Network. Our team is highly metrics driven and values collaboration and transparency.
- Track record of over-achieving quota (top 10-20% of company) in past positions
- Experience selling 5-figure deals
- History of setting goals and achieving them, in the classroom, playing field, or in business
- 2-5 years of trained sales experience
- Exceptional verbal and writing skills
- Prior participation in a winning team environment
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Hospitable and solution-oriented in nature
- You write down your goals and measure them regularly
- You are willing to commit to mastering sales for the next 2-3 years
- You have high expectations of yourself and those around you
- You enjoy being part of a team and doing whatever it takes to help that team succeed
Meet Some of Axial's Employees
Member Success Manager
It's Caitlin's responsibility to guide clients through investment banking and inbound marketing deals. She communicates clients' needs across Axial Teams to match members with the best investors.
Back to top