Supply Chain Manager (46291)
- Lanham, MD
Lead our Fleet Maintenance team to success and ensure our customers are always safe in our fleet of new vehicles! As a technical expert and team manager, you'll oversee preventative maintenance, repair orders, outside vendor support, and warranty submissions.
What you'll do:
- Assign work and supervise associates; ensure all repair orders are completed and processed in accordance with guidelines; approve all maintenance expenditures and submit invoices for approval/payment.
- Select, manage and inspect outside vendor work to service levels and standards; maintain invoices and insurance policies.
- Ensure timely and quality completion of recalls and preventative maintenance.
- Minimize vehicle downtime and units out of service.
- Ensure warranty submissions meet or exceed business plan and are properly submitted.
- Guide P&L performance and productivity.
- Hire, train, engage, energize, set up for success, coach and recognize team members to enable a high-performing culture.
- Guide the resolution of employee relations issues and maintain professional relationships.
- Ensure safe work environment and processes in and around our shops.
What we're looking for:
- High school diploma (or equivalent).
- At least 3 years of hands-on mechanical supervisory experience
- Ability to travel depending on district/territory to outlying locations and vendors.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record.
- Proven ability to engage a team and drive results.
- Strong communication skills and ability to provide work direction to a team of technicians and staff.
- Strong time-management, multitasking and problem solving skills.
- Strong process orientation with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Excellent analytical, creative problem solving and organizational skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to learn new technology.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Excel.
- Proactive cross-functional team player able to work in a fast paced service-oriented work environment.
Extra points for this:
- Knowledge of the rental vehicle industry, collision estimating, and repair practices.
- Bachelor's degree or automotive technical school degree or certificate.
- ASE certifications and/or automotive technical training or experience.
Perks you'll get:
- Access to Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance
- Eligible to elect other voluntary benefits including: Group Auto Insurance, Group Home Insurance, Pet Insurance, Legal Assistance, Identity Theft Protection, FSA, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, and additional life insurance coverages
- Contribute up to $270 as a tax-free benefit for public transportation or parking expenses
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company matched contributions
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (eligible after 90 days of service)
- Full training to learn the business and enhance professional skills
- Employee discounts, including discounted prices on the purchase of Avis/Budget cars
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program for services including counseling, financial and legal consultation, referrals for care service and more
- Community involvement opportunities
Who are we?
Glad you asked! Avis Budget Group is a leading provider of mobility options, with brands including Avis, Budget & Budget Truck, and Zipcar. With more than 70 years of experience and 11,000 locations in 180 countries, we are shaping the future of our industry and want you to join us in our mission. Apply today to get connected to an exciting career, a supportive family of employees and a world of opportunities.
The fine print:
Avis Budget Group is an equal opportunity employer - M/F/Veterans/Disabled.
This role requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds and enter and exit vehicles. This advertisement does not constitute a promise or guarantee of employment. This advertisement describes the general nature and level of this position only. Essential functions and responsibilities may change as business needs require. This position may be with any affiliate of Avis Budget Group.
Back to top