Here at Avis Budget Group we're more than just rentals-although over 70 years of experience and 11,000 locations in 180 countries has taught us a thing or two about that. We're shaping the future of the mobility industry with our innovative, customer-focused solutions. Our globally recognized brands - Avis, Budget, Budget Truck and Zipcar - connect people to more. This means more convenience, more options and more time on the road for our customers. But we also connect our employees to more: opportunities, benefits, support, collaboration and most importantly-power to change the future. Sound your speed? Come join our family.
Avis, a Fortune 500, $5.4B global company is seeking a Solutions Architect to join our dynamic team. Our globally recognized brands - Avis, Budget, Zipcar, and others- are shaping the future of mobility with innovative, customer-focused solutions. Our global reach and strong data-based market intelligence position us well as a leading provider of mobility options, with more than 70 years of mobility experience and 11,000 locations. At Avis Budget Group, we believe mobility as a service should be completely connected, integrated, and on-demand for our customers and other businesses, connecting people to more.
The impact you'll make:
The Solutions Architect is a seasoned, senior technologist with knowledge and skills that are both broad and deep. This person will have complete ownership of the "solution" for a project; this includes defining and documenting the logical architecture/design for all components across the architectural landscape. This person will apply subject matter expertise to identify and translate business and system requirements into software architecture and design artifacts and documents; ensuring that the proposed solution addresses all the requirements and aligns with the future-state, enterprise-level architecture. This person will serve as an advisor to the project teams throughout the SDLC. This person will be act as a leader within the Application Development practice as well as the broader IT organization. This person is a key driver for the project or release and provides a vital link between the business and IT.
A Solutions Architect is a strong listener, able to ensure collated business and technology strategies are reflected in an architectural vision and design approach that guide software development teams and serve immediate and future business needs. This individual is technically as well as organizationally aware.
This individual will also be responsible in partnering with Enterprise Architects in defining strategic roadmaps for products, lines of business, applications, and use of technology - and participating in workshops to document and revise these roadmaps. This individual will help to define and enforce architectural mandates, guiding principles, rationalization opportunities for applications, systems, and platforms. This person will need to develop a good understanding of the solutions landscape of all systems and applications globally (with some deep knowledge in specific areas) enough to provide consulting and recommendations to strategic and innovation product owners and leaders.
What you'll do:
- Demonstrates knowledge of one or more primary ABG business models, key drivers, systems, technologies and/or support systems
- Is comfortable with planning and leading workshops and Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions and collaborates with both technical subject matter experts as well as business analysts and stakeholders
- Determines the "right" solution approach and use of technology for projects based on the business requirements, goals, and financial objectives that aligns with Enterprise Architectural vision
- Builds models including conceptual, logical, and physical - for platforms, systems, services, components, integrations, and data
- Provides consulting for projects, programs, and initiatives in ABG in reference to architectural direction, compliance, and strategy
- Helps manage, direct, and coordinate long-term strategic planning of application architectures
- Determines and makes recommendations to IT leadership regarding initiation of architectural programs and projects and other strategic ideas
- Consistently leads and influences broad, cross-functional teams, including IT and non-IT teams
- Helps lead the definition of roadmaps and rationalization efforts for global applications, services, legacy systems, and databases.
What we're looking for:
- Significant IT experience
- Reasonable experience of designing, developing, and implementing multi-tiered and/or cloud solutions as a developer, tech lead or analyst (discipline may vary)
- Experience serving as a project architect or lead architect on some large scale, enterprise-wide projects
- Considerable experience leading and working with multi-site and/or offshore development teams
Skills and abilities you should have:
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for Cloud platforms and technologies such as AWS or Azure
- Expertise in building container applications using Docker, Kubernetes
- Some appreciation for database platforms such as MongoDB, Couchbase, Redis, Redshift, DynamoDB, PostgreSQL, EDB, Neo4J, Oracle, IMS, DB2 and Cassandra
- Excellent knowledge of building and testing technologies and CI/CD concepts and implementations
- Excellent working knowledge of: Microsoft Visio, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, and SharePoint
- Great analytical, logical reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exemplary teamwork skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills
- Consistently uses time effectively and efficiently
- Intellectually sharp, capable, and agile
- Self-starter: able to initiate, prioritize, and complete assignments with little to no supervision
- Eagerness and ability to learn and adapt technologies, industry practices, tools, and trends
- Regularly makes commitments and leads teams in consistently meeting targets
- Knowledge of Waterfall and Agile/Scrum SDLC methodologies
- Serving as a widely trusted individual; able to present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner to colleagues and senior staff
- Leading with integrity and able to motivate others, manage conflict, and maintain composure in high pressure situations
- Regularly finds common ground and bonds with others; easily evokes trust and credibility
- Expertise in software architecture and technology, including some of the items below:
- Enterprise Application Integration (EAI)
- Event Driven Architectures
- Web or Mobile
- Business Intelligence & Reporting
- Big Data
Perks you'll get:
- Access to Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance
- Eligible to elect other voluntary benefits including: Group Auto Insurance, Group Home Insurance, Pet Insurance, Legal Assistance, Identity Theft Protection, FSA, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, and additional life insurance coverages
- Contribute up to $270 as a tax-free benefit for public transportation or parking expenses
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company matched contributions
- Full training to learn the business and enhance professional skills
- Employee discounts, including discounted prices on the purchase of Avis/Budget cars
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program for services including counseling, financial and legal consultation, referrals for care service and more
- Community involvement opportunities
Who are we?
Glad you asked! Avis Budget Group is a leading provider of mobility options, with brands including Avis, Budget & Budget Truck, and Zipcar. With more than 70 years of experience and 11,000 locations in 180 countries, we are shaping the future of our industry and want you to join us in our mission. Apply today to get connected to an exciting career, a supportive family of employees and a world of opportunities.
The fine print:
Avis Budget Group is an equal opportunity employer - M/F/Veterans/Disabled.
This advertisement does not constitute a promise or guarantee of employment. This advertisement describes the general nature and level of this position only. Essential functions and responsibilities may change as business needs require. This position may be with any affiliate of Avis Budget Group.
Avis Budget Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
ParsippanyNew JerseyUnited States of America