Parts Clerk - Budget (46645)
- El Segundo, CA
As an Automotive Parts Clerk, you will be the specialist responsible for ordering parts, tires, and shop supplies from appropriate preferred vendors as well as run inventory, stock, and usage reports. You will maintain the parts inventory and provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers (vendors).
What you'll do:
- Order and receive parts, tires, glass, and shop supplies through appropriate parts suppliers; distribute parts to be installed and charge out parts to appropriate Electronic Repair Orders
- Create Purchase Orders, subject to approval of Automotive Fleet Maintenance Manager; match invoices to purchase orders in our electronic payables system; fax or scan invoices to accounts payable
- Reconcile pending parts/tire vehicles, follow-up with overdue parts, including posting to internal website
- Follow-up with body shops in regards to delayed parts
- Complete/Assist with physical inventories as needed
- Manage inventory by returning obsolete or overstock parts/tires/glass and replenishing inventory of common usage parts, tires, oil, oil filters, and supplies
- Organize parts, tires, and office areas
- Perform other duties as assigned by Automotive Fleet Maintenance Manager, some of which may involve working outside of the office on the lot or in the maintenance shop
What we're looking for:
- High School Diploma (or equivalent)
- Valid driver's license and a good driving record
- Automotive knowledge (parts of a car)
- Effective communication skills, including verbal, written and listening skills; ability to interact with both internal and external customers at all levels
- Strong organization skills, attention to detail, time-management, and multi-tasking skills
- Capable of determining priorities in a fast-paced work environment
- Familiarity with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and electronic parts system
Extra points for this:
- 6 months of customer service and/or sales experience
- 6 months of auto parts experience and/or dealership experience
- Prior customer service experience with outside Dealers/Body shops
- The ideal candidate may have experience in baggage handling at an airport/warehouse or has worked in customer-facing roles (cashier, call center, retail)
Perks you'll get:
- Access to Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance
- Eligible to elect other voluntary benefits including: Group Auto Insurance, Group Home Insurance, Pet Insurance, Legal Assistance, Identity Theft Protection, FSA, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, and additional life insurance coverages
- Contribute up to $270 as a tax-free benefit for public transportation or parking expenses
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company matched contributions
- Full training to learn the business and enhance professional skills
- Employee discounts, including discounted prices on the purchase of Avis/Budget cars
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program for services including counseling, financial and legal consultation, referrals for care service and more
- Community involvement opportunities
Who are we?
Glad you asked! Avis Budget Group is a leading provider of mobility options, with brands including Avis, Budget & Budget Truck and Zipcar. With more than 70 years of experience and 11,000 locations in 180 countries, we are shaping the future of our industry and want you to join us in our mission. Apply today to get connected to an exciting career, a supportive family of employees and a world of opportunities.
The fine print:
Avis Budget Group is an equal opportunity employer - M/F/Veterans/Disabled.
This role requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds and enter and exit vehicles. Drug screening is a part of our hiring process. This advertisement does not constitute a promise or guarantee of employment. This advertisement describes the general nature and level of this position only. Essential functions and responsibilities may change as business needs require. This position may be with any affiliate of Avis Budget Group.
Back to top