Maintenance Manager (46289)
- Raleigh, NC
If you are an energetic person who enjoys challenges and working in a fast-paced environment "Make the Better Move" with your career and join our winning team at Avis Budget Group.
This position contributes to the success of our company by effectively managing and directing the daily operation of the maintenance and parts functions for our shop(s). Key areas of focus include: ensuring safe work practices, provision of safe vehicles for our customers, achieving and exceeding financial targets, minimizing out-of-service, and engaging and motivating team members and vendors.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure safe work environment and processes in and around our shops.
- Ensure timely completion of recalls and preventative maintenance and quality of vehicle repairs.
- Assign work and provides supervision to associates. Ensure all related repair orders are completed and processed in accordance with established guidelines. Approve all maintenance expenditures and submit invoices for approval/payment.
- Select, manage and inspect outside vendor work to established service levels and quality standards. Ensure proper use of purchase orders, receipt of services and payment of invoices. Maintain up-to-date files on vendor insurance policies.
- Minimize vehicle downtime and units out of service.
- Ensure warranty submissions meet or exceed business plan and all required documentation is submitted.
- Responsible for P&L performance and productivity.
- Hire, train, engage, energize, set up for success, coache and recognize team members to enable a high-performing culture.
- Guide the resolution of employee relations issues and commonly faced problems to build and maintain professional relationships with subordinates.
- Perform other duties and special assignments as required.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- High School degree required.
- Bachelor's degree or automotive technical school degree or certificate preferred.
- ASE certifications and/or automotive technical training or experience preferred.
- Prior leadership experience, preferably in fleet maintenance functions in the automotive industry.
- Knowledge of collision estimating and repair practices preferred.
- Travel depending on district/territory to outlying locations and vendors is necessary.
The successful candidate must be willing to and/or possess the following:
- Valid driver's license and good driving record.
- Proven ability to engage a team and drive results.
- Strong communication skills and ability to provide work direction to a team of technicians and staff.
- Strong time-management, multitasking and problem solving skills.
- Strong process orientation with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Excellent analytical, creative problem solving and organizational skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to learn new technology.
- Proficient computer skills including Excel spreadsheet knowledge.
- Proactive cross-functional team player able to work in a fast paced service-oriented work environment.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision & 401K
- Full training to learn the business and enhance your professional skills
- Paid vacations, car rental discounts & much more!
A valid driver's license is required for all positions.
The fine print:
Avis Budget Group is an equal opportunity employer - M/F/Veterans/Disabled.
This role requires the ability to lift up to 15 pounds and enter and exit vehicles. This advertisement does not constitute a promise or guarantee of employment. This advertisement describes the general nature and level of this position only. Essential functions and responsibilities may change as business needs require. This position may be with any affiliate of Avis Budget Group.
Back to top