Director of E-commerce and Digital Experience (46498)
- Parsippany, NJ
Here at Avis Budget Group we're more than just rentals-although over 70 years of experience and 11,000 locations in 180 countries has taught us a thing or two about that. We're shaping the future of the mobility industry with our innovative, customer-focused solutions. Our globally recognized brands - Avis, Budget, Budget Truck and Zipcar - connect people to more. This means more convenience, more options and more time on the road for our customers. But we also connect our employees to more: opportunities, benefits, support, collaboration and most importantly-power to change the future. Sound your speed? Come join our family.
The impact you'll make:
Responsible for growing ecommerce revenue on desktop and mobile platforms for all car rental brands. Total revenue in excess of over $1 billion annually (significant portion of ABG revenue in North America generated from ecommerce channels). Leads company efforts in user experience, conversion rate optimization, SEO, digital merchandising, personalization, multi-variate testing, content and analytics. Responsible for entire user experience of the mobile app. Reports to Senior Vice President - Head of Marketing.
What you'll do:
- Revenue leader for digital platform. Sets strategic goals and aligns goals with overall company goals. Creates key performance metrics and ensures that metrics are tracked.
- Main liaison from Marketing to IT. Provides direction on strategic projects as well as day to day improvements to the Digital product. Leads capital process and roadmap planning.
- Digital User experience evangelist. Ensures that Avis Budget Group customers have a best in class, consistent user experience that minimizes website abandonment and allows customers to complete their tasks quickly and without impediment. Ensures that this user experience is designed to help achieve department and company goals.
- Lead efforts in Search Engine Optimization (SEO), including selection and management of SEO agency, communication of goals, tracking of goals, coordination of SEO tasks across department members and IT. Ownership of all traffic to websites through SEO.
- Lead efforts in Multivariate (A/B) testing, including selection and management of 3rd party agency resources, communication of goals, tracking of goals, and coordination of testing tasks across department members and IT. Ensure that testing efforts lead to improvement in key performance metrics and department goals. Ensure that testing roadmap and prioritization is clear and easily understood across the organization, along with the efforts and next steps from testing.
- Lead efforts in Digital Merchandising and Personalization, including selection and management of 3rd party agency resources, communication of goals, tracking of goals, coordination of testing tasks across department members and IT. Ensure that Merchandising efforts lead to improvement in key performance metrics and department goals. Ensure that Merchandising roadmap and prioritization is clear and easily understood across the organization.
- Lead Analytics team, including selection and management of 3rd party agency resources, communication of goals, tracking of goals, and coordination of analytics tasks across department members and IT.
- Ensure that analytics provides insight to help improve key performance metrics and department goals. Ensure that analytics reports and capabilities are clear and easily understood across the organization.
- Responsible for Mobile App reservations and revenue. Ensures that Avis Budget Group Mobile App customers have a best in class, consistent user experience that minimizes app abandonment and allows customers to complete their tasks quickly and without impediment. Ensures that this user experience is designed to help achieve department and company goals for reservations and revenue.
- Lead efforts to support user registration, customer support and loyalty roadmap on all Digital platforms. Work with these teams as main liaison, ensuring that their goals and request are understood, properly prioritized and that any commitments given are met.
- Responsible for requesting, setting and managing annual budgets. Manages internal and external resources, including team of 10 internal FTEs and several external agencies. Ensures that these resources are adequately staffed and providing a solid ROI, while helping achieve overall department and company goals.
What we're looking for:
- BS/BA in quantitative business, math, statistics, marketing or equivalent experience. MBA is a plus.
- 10 years' experience in e-commerce leadership at a large company that derives a significant portion of revenue from ecommerce.
- Experience managing a team and agency partnerships
Skills and abilities you should have:
- Must have excellent communication skills (verbal and written), Analytical/Mathematics skills, working knowledge of e-commerce platforms, and understanding of project management techniques such as Agile or Waterfall.
- Strong leadership skills with experience managing and developing a staff
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a positive and cooperative attitude that fosters collaboration and teamwork both inside and outside the department.
- Proven ability to generate relationships by leveraging direct and indirect leadership skills throughout the company.
- Ability to collaborate and influence across a matrix organization.
- Responsive to feedback from others within and outside the organization.
- Must show demonstrated examples of initiative in previous experiences.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and possess the ability to present information to external and internal groups
Perks you'll get:
- Access to Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability insurance
- Eligible to elect other voluntary benefits including Group Legal, Identity Theft, Accident Insurance, FSA, additional life insurance coverages
- Contribute up to $260 as a tax-free benefit for public transportation or parking expenses
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company-matched contributions
- Full training to learn the business and enhance professional skills
- Employee discounts, including discounted prices on the purchase of Avis/Budget cars
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program for services including counseling, financial and legal consultation, referrals for care service, and more
- Community involvement opportunities
The fine print:
Avis Budget Group is an equal opportunity employer - M/F/Veterans/Disabled.
This advertisement does not constitute a promise or guarantee of employment. This advertisement describes the general nature and level of this position only. Essential functions and responsibilities may change as business needs require. This position may be with any affiliate of Avis Budget Group.
Back to top