Diesel Bus Mechanic (47064)
- Los Angeles, CA
As a Diesel Bus Technician, you will ensure the safety of our customers and keep our business running smoothly by maintaining our bus fleet.
- Diagnose and repair diesels engines, transmissions, brake systems, and other electromechanical faults.
- Order and maintain common parts for buses.
- Update diagnostic programs.
- Perform limited heavy-duty transmission and engine work.
What we're looking for:
- High school diploma (or equivalent)
- Minimum 3 years of bus repair experience
- Valid CDL Driver's license and a good driving record
- Ability to interpret and understand complex documented standards and procedures including repair orders, maintenance, and repair manuals
- Must possess all tools required for automotive maintenance and repairs
- Basic computer skills in order to enter information into our database
Extra Points for This:
- ASE certification
- Familiarity with Cummins Engine, Allison Trans, and Wabco Meritor Brake.
Perks you'll get:
- Access to Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance
- Eligible to elect other voluntary benefits including: Group Auto Insurance, Group Home Insurance, Pet Insurance, Legal Assistance, Identity Theft Protection, FSA, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, and additional life insurance coverages
- Contribute up to $270 as a tax-free benefit for public transportation or parking expenses
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company matched contributions
- Full training to learn the business and enhance professional skills
- Employee discounts, including discounted prices on the purchase of Avis/Budget cars
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program for services including counseling, financial and legal consultation, referrals for care service and more
- Community involvement opportunities
Who are we?
Glad you asked! Avis Budget Group is a leading provider of mobility options, with brands including Avis, Budget & Budget Truck, and Zipcar. With more than 70 years of experience and 11,000 locations in 180 countries, we are shaping the future of our industry and want you to join us in our mission. Apply today to get connected to an exciting career, a supportive family of employees and a world of opportunities.
The fine print:
Avis Budget Group is an equal opportunity employer - M/F/Veterans/Disabled.
This role requires the ability to lift up to 15 pounds and enter and exit vehicles. This advertisement does not constitute a promise or guarantee of employment. This advertisement describes the general nature and level of this position only. Essential functions and responsibilities may change as business needs require. This position may be with any affiliate of Avis Budget Group.
Back to top